"Upgrading" from GTY to a specific room after Final Payment

I just did a mock booking for my upcoming Alaska cruise and noticed that with all the specials they have going right now, I can pick an oceanview stateroom and still come out lower by almost $200 than my current guaranteed oceanview room.  

Would it be possible, or even worth it, to call and see if they'd let me pick a room? I don't expect to get any money or credit back since it's after final payment. 

10 minutes ago, Chemical_echo said:

Would it be possible, or even worth it, to call and see if they'd let me pick a room?

Welcome to CC.

Yes. Keep checking prices as even balconies may drop to the point of a feasible upgrade.

Edited by Biker19

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Welcome to CC.

Yes. Keep checking prices as even balconies may drop to the point of a feasible upgrade.

Thank you. 

Any idea if RC would change my final price on my reservation to the new lower price or leave my original price there?  

If I can potentially score an upgrade later, I'd prefer it be on the higher of two so I wouldn't have to pay as much. 

8 minutes ago, Chemical_echo said:

Thank you. 

Any idea if RC would change my final price on my reservation to the new lower price or leave my original price there?  

If I can potentially score an upgrade later, I'd prefer it be on the higher of two so I wouldn't have to pay as much. 

If you are before final payment then yes you get the lower price and pick your room.  After final payment just the upgrade is all you get. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach