Alcove Rental Availability on Solstice Hawaii-Vancouver?

ChuckL

We’ll be sailing on the May 3, 2021 sailing of the Solstice from Honolulu-Vancouver. Although Shore Excursions, Internet/Photo Packages, individual Specialty Dining Reservations and Beverage Packages have been open for sale at least a couple of months on Cruise Planner, Alcove Rentals are not showing. They used to be in the Dining Section. I’ve contacted Celebrity, the Captain’s Club and our Celebrity Vacation Planner to see if they know when reservations might open up, but they are all clueless.

Have any previous cruisers on this itinerary reserved an Alcove cabana, and do you remember how far prior to the cruise you booked it?

Thanks! 

432A5A0B-D8DB-4607-B384-B1A8DDCF9C40.jpeg

B5D93724-A22D-4106-938C-837319FF78A3.jpeg

Edited by ChuckL
Added Photo of Reflection Alcoves

We did the reverse of your cruise last year Vancouver - Hawaii.  If I remember correctly, the alcoves were available online around 60 days prior.  I can say, however, that the weather was only favorable to use an alcove on the two sea days closest to Hawaii.  Further north than that it was too cold to enjoy.  Most alcove's stood empty the entire cruise.

8 hours ago, beachluver9 said:

We did the reverse of your cruise last year Vancouver - Hawaii.  If I remember correctly, the alcoves were available online around 60 days prior.  I can say, however, that the weather was only favorable to use an alcove on the two sea days closest to Hawaii.  Further north than that it was too cold to enjoy.  Most alcove's stood empty the entire cruise.

Thanks beachluver9. We heard basically the same weather conditions that you experienced even though we’ll be cruising eastward in May and you probably cruised in September. That’s why we want to rent an alcove on the first day out of Hawaii. 

How was the service you received in your alcove? On the Reflection last year, We had The Porch and Lawn Grille in the same area. so service was great. We’re you able to enjoy the pools or hot tubs at all during the cooler weather?

Chuck

We just returned from our cruise on Solstice in NZ and AU and just wanted to comment on the service in the Alcoves. We do rent Alcoves on all our cruises so have had experience on other ships but we liked the Alcove itself better on Solstice. It is actually a different design than the other Solstice Class which makes it bigger, roomier and with more comfortable furniture. Our group of six could all be there at once, comfortably. 

The attendant is very-attentive!  Since there is no Lawn Club Grill- his only job is to take care of the Alcove. Throughout the day there were three staff changes with them hovering around to see if we needed anything. We had a wonderful cheese plate and fruit plate and water. When we wanted it he brought a bottle of "bubbly". Offered us sandwich menus and also dining room menus which we did order from. 

He also got us the Blu menu for the evening and arranged a specialty dining reservation for us. 

Just writing this makes me wish I was back there being spoiled!

7 hours ago, youwash said:

We just returned from our cruise on Solstice in NZ and AU and just wanted to comment on the service in the Alcoves. We do rent Alcoves on all our cruises so have had experience on other ships but we liked the Alcove itself better on Solstice. It is actually a different design than the other Solstice Class which makes it bigger, roomier and with more comfortable furniture. Our group of six could all be there at once, comfortably. 

The attendant is very-attentive!  Since there is no Lawn Club Grill- his only job is to take care of the Alcove. Throughout the day there were three staff changes with them hovering around to see if we needed anything. We had a wonderful cheese plate and fruit plate and water. When we wanted it he brought a bottle of "bubbly". Offered us sandwich menus and also dining room menus which we did order from. 

He also got us the Blu menu for the evening and arranged a specialty dining reservation for us. 

Just writing this makes me wish I was back there being spoiled!

Thank you for your comments on the Alcoves aboard the Solstice. Although we had a good experience in the Alcove on the Reflection last April with great service, the furniture was definitely not the most comfortable and our food choices were more limited. Having a dedicated attendant to service the Alcoves, a larger space with comfortable furniture, and multiple menus to choose from appears to elevate the experience on the Solstice up a notch. We can’t wait to experience our day at sea in the Solstice Alcove next year. 

14 hours ago, ChuckL said:

Thank you for your comments on the Alcoves aboard the Solstice. Although we had a good experience in the Alcove on the Reflection last April with great service, the furniture was definitely not the most comfortable and our food choices were more limited. Having a dedicated attendant to service the Alcoves, a larger space with comfortable furniture, and multiple menus to choose from appears to elevate the experience on the Solstice up a notch. We can’t wait to experience our day at sea in the Solstice Alcove next year. 

6FF12064-A8B3-48C1-80C9-20DADA0B2141.jpeg

16C8A38A-9167-4DDC-94A6-C95B6EF99031.jpeg

E0E60675-4C4C-4BC9-8D82-7695CAEEFC15.jpeg