Family in Sky Suite?

sowindct

We are currently booked in a cc room on Connie. My 21 y.o. son has now asked to join us. Our room can't accomodate a 4th. We can upgrade to a sky suite. Has anyone had 4 adults in a sky suite? Would we still be talking to each other after 2 weeks?

My husband and I travel with our 21 year old daughter usually booking a suite. It takes a bit of organization but it works. The sofa bed would be a bit cozy for 2 but it could work.

Weigh the options. How close are the 4 of you? What suite can you get? There are some with great balconies such as the aft cabins. So, how much time would you actually spend in the cabin? When we were in the cabin we often would be sitting on the balcony. There is a site where you can see photos of the various cabins, http://www.geocities.com/mahdnc/Cabinpix.html

a fantastic reference when selecting a cabin. Check photos of Millennium and Summit cabins since these ships are similar. If you find a cabin which looks good don't give up on it becoming available, keep checking on a regular basis. A family ocean view would be a great cabin for 4. Consider the cost of an extra cabin. Would you rather spend the money on shore activities or purchases?

Good luck with your decision. Treasure the time you can spend with your family and have a wonderful cruise!

A sky suite only has a queen bed & a "loveseat" sized couch. I personally cannot imagine 4 adults staying in that cabin, the last one we were in was almost too small for just the 2 of us at times! Either try for a FV cabin which has a sliding door to seperate 2 rooms, one with 2 fairly good sized couches from the bedroom or book 2 smaller cabins. BUT remember, those bathrooms are small, especially for 4 adults! (Sky suite has larger bath)

We were booked in one originally last year, but when the RS became available, we grabbed it. They were going to pull in a fold up mattress bed everynight. We found it cheaper to do the RS on this cruise that we are taking to Hawaii, but next year we have booked two cabins...one inside, one balcony. I am looking forward to two bathrooms!

Good luck...Nancy

I echo Rosie's sentiments. We have been in a SS and fitting in that rollaway for a 4th basically takes up the remaining floor space at night. If that is your only option, it can be done. But an FV (if you are on a M-class ship and one is available) is the way to go with its additional space and accommodations for 4. Or if you are on an Century class ship, look into an FO cabin which is a large outside cabin designed to sleep up to 5 people, but no balcony.......

The sky suite is a spacious one room...for a couple, period? If your son returns from an evening later than you, I guarrentee the sky suite will be very uncomfortable. A daughter? Forget it...........with "their" luggage...giggle attacks at night....let alone....getting ready???

We had four longtime girlfriends in the Royal suite and it was just, ok. Two, turned in early and two partied all night. The royal suite has three main areas. The Master bedroom is seperate from the hall/living room and dinning room, thus giving your son the ability to return to the suite without awakening his parents (of whom will be paying for his passage). Not to mention, a nice size deck/bath/closet for Dad/Mom the next morning, when they awake at 7AM, ready to start the day. Whatever the difference in cost .....it will be well worth the freedom..., it might be the lvery last family vacation memory together........but, with a sleep schedule for the whole family! Sometimes, money can't by that. Be together.......they grow up too fast!

Archived