What does 100% actually mean?

49 minutes ago, mhall812 said:

If I booked my cruise using FCC and cancel under Royal's new Cruise with Confidence policy, will I receive a new FCC  for the FCC  and monetary amount I paid or just the monetary amount? 

13) What if I decide to cancel for the Future Cruise Credit and I already had an FCC on my reservation?

• You're in a unique situation, since you used a credit. Your original Future Cruise Certificate will be considered redeemed and used. You'll receive a new Future Cruise Certificate based on the cruise fare in penalty in your current booking. You're forfeiting your old credit, so you may want to wait to decide. We are optimistic that things will be more stable.

30 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

13) What if I decide to cancel for the Future Cruise Credit and I already had an FCC on my reservation?

• You're in a unique situation, since you used a credit. Your original Future Cruise Certificate will be considered redeemed and used. You'll receive a new Future Cruise Certificate based on the cruise fare in penalty in your current booking. You're forfeiting your old credit, so you may want to wait to decide. We are optimistic that things will be more stable.

Thank you for answering my question! Where did you find this?

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That is the way I interpret it. 

Hmmm, that means that any of us who had FCC for some reason or another will take a hit. I have $1600 in FCC applied to my March sailing. I don’t want to lose that amount of money.  That doesn’t seem fair.

1 minute ago, RosieRoo said:

Hmmm, that means that any of us who had FCC for some reason or another will take a hit. I have $1600 in FCC applied to my March sailing. I don’t want to lose that amount of money.  That doesn’t seem fair.

Which is why they included this as the last sentence 

You're forfeiting your old credit, so you may want to wait to decide. We are optimistic that things will be more stable.

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Sorry I didn’t have better news 

It is what it is.  The crappy thing is that FCC didn’t expire til November 2020 so had I not applied it to this March sailing it would still be valid to use.  I hadn’t really planned on cancelling, but losing $1600 would make me think twice if I did.  

@Ourusualbeach   If passenger A cancels under the cruise with confidence policy, will passenger B be charged a single supplement fee?  I feel like I'm SOL. If I cancel, I will only get a small amount of money back in FCC (because a large portion was paid using FCC), but if I go (my cabin mate is planning to cancel), I will have to pay a significant amount of money if the room gets repriced and I have to pay the difference. 

20 minutes ago, mhall812 said:

@Ourusualbeach   If passenger A cancels under the cruise with confidence policy, will passenger B be charged a single supplement fee?  I feel like I'm SOL. If I cancel, I will only get a small amount of money back in FCC (because a large portion was paid using FCC), but if I go (my cabin mate is planning to cancel), I will have to pay a significant amount of money if the room gets repriced and I have to pay the difference. 

Unfortunately yes.  If your roommate cancelled you would have to pay a single supplement. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Update: After 2 hours on the line, a customer service rep informed me that if passenger A cancels, I will not be charged a single supplement (but they would have to do something in the system on their end); however, passenger A will not receive any FCC. They said to receive FCC under the Cruise with Confidence policy, the entire reservation has to be canceled. 

She said if we did cancel, the FCC would be given as amounted indicated by the invoice .

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mhall812 said:

Update: After 2 hours on the line, a customer service rep informed me that if passenger A cancels, I will not be charged a single supplement (but they would have to do something in the system on their end); however, passenger A will not receive any FCC. They said to receive FCC under the Cruise with Confidence policy, the entire reservation has to be canceled. 

She said if we did cancel, the FCC would be given as amounted indicated by the invoice .

Thanks for the update.  Might as well just have passenger A be a no show then and not spend time on the phone for nothing.  You will automatically get refunded their port fees and taxes

• Like 2