Pier in Playa

budaman

Since the Grand will be making Playa a POC for the rest of the season, and the lack of Ship Excursions being offered by Princess at the present time, many, including myself have resorted to setting up our own excursions. The question kept coming up as to which Pier they use to Tender for the Tour Operator to meet us. The folks at Princess were very nice and were finally able to track this info down. The Grand tenders into the new Ultramar Pier, not the Ferry Pier or Calica. The Ultramar Pier is north of the Ferry Pier. Hope this will help some of you.

Mike

Thank you for that information. I just received an e-mail about going to PDC instead of Grand Caymans, and am now searching for a shore excursion. The whole thing really burns me up. Is it very common for a cruise line to change ports like this? Any idea how far away this docking area is from Calica?

Sue

• 3 weeks later...

NOW YOU TELL ME!!!

Just got back from PDC/Cozumel on the Conquest. We booked the Dolphin Discovery in Puerta Adventuras on our own. We took the ferry over from Cozumel but were planning on taking the Conquest tender back.

We got dropped off on the Ferry Pier at PDC after our day with the Dolphins, walked up and the long line of people waiting were from the Radiance of the Seas!!! Woops! It was then we looked over and saw the Ultramar tender at the OTHER pier loading passengers.

We confirmed with the Ultramar folks at the ferry pier that the boat loading at the other pier was indeed the Conquest tender. Dolphin Discovery dropped us off at the WRONG PIER! I asked the Ultramar folks if they could radio over and have them hold the boat, which they kindly did. The piers are separated by at least 10-15 blocks apart, so we took a VERY QUICK cab ride over and did are best OJ Simpson running through the airport impression to make the boat. That my friends is a VERY LONG pier!! Come to find out the boat was over an hour late in leaving to return to the Conquest, so we got real lucky!

That will teach us to miss the shore excursion talk!!!

The Dolphin Discovery www.dolphindiscovery.com is VERY cool, here are some captures from the DVD they sell you..

http://jwtfamily.org/gallery/dolphindiscovery

NOW YOU TELL ME!!!

Just got back from PDC/Cozumel on the Conquest. We booked the Dolphin Discovery in Puerta Adventuras on our own. We took the ferry over from Cozumel but were planning on taking the Conquest tender back.

We got dropped off on the Ferry Pier at PDC after our day with the Dolphins, walked up and the long line of people waiting were from the Radiance of the Seas!!! Woops! It was then we looked over and saw the Ultramar tender at the OTHER pier loading passengers.

We confirmed with the Ultramar folks at the ferry pier that the boat loading at the other pier was indeed the Conquest tender. Dolphin Discovery dropped us off at the WRONG PIER! I asked the Ultramar folks if they could radio over and have them hold the boat, which they kindly did. The piers are separated by at least 10-15 blocks apart, so we took a VERY QUICK cab ride over and did are best OJ Simpson running through the airport impression to make the boat. That my friends is a VERY LONG pier!! Come to find out the boat was over an hour late in leaving to return to the Conquest, so we got real lucky!

That will teach us to miss the shore excursion talk!!!

The Dolphin Discovery www.dolphindiscovery.com is VERY cool, here are some captures from the DVD they sell you..

http://jwtfamily.org/gallery/dolphindiscovery

Ok,

from the other post of mine, which you responded to...I am trying to find out if you can take the Conquest ferry to PDC. you said you took the Conquest ferry back to the ship, although you booked an independent excursion. Was there any problem in getting on the ferry, after you made it to the right peir?

If that worked for you, how did you know what time the Conquest ferry was eturning to the ship in the first place, and what suggestions would you give me if I wanted to do an independent thing at PDC?

Thanks

Shawn

Archived