Anyone Received FCC for a Cruise that had FCC Applied?

Still waiting to receive our FCC for our March cruise that we cancelled within the Cruise with Confidence policy (i.e. receive 100% FCC if you cancelled or 125% FCC if Royal cancelled).

For that cruise, we had applied a small FCC amount from a previous cruise.  

1. Has anyone received their FCC (during coronavirus time) who had a FCC already applied to that cruise?  If so, did you get the original FCC back as well?  
  2. Or on flip side, did you cancel a cruise (or Royal cancelled) that had a FCC and are still waiting for the FCC to be applied?

Just wondering how this is handled...and if this is why it's taking time to get the FCC back.

Thanks Ken for the quick response.  So you're saying that we should receive FCC for the original amount (i.e. without the FCC that we had applied)?  I have the email from last time so I have the exact amount for each of us.

Sadly, we'll have the same thing for our August cruise too if that one is a no-go too.  (3 of us applied it to August, 1 of us applied it to March cruise).  Hoping things will start up again by then, but not overly optimistic the way things are going with full shutdowns.

40 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Thanks Ken for the quick response.  So you're saying that we should receive FCC for the original amount (i.e. without the FCC that we had applied)?  I have the email from last time so I have the exact amount for each of us.

Sadly, we'll have the same thing for our August cruise too if that one is a no-go too.  (3 of us applied it to August, 1 of us applied it to March cruise).  Hoping things will start up again by then, but not overly optimistic the way things are going with full shutdowns.

Yes you would receive 2 FCC’s

the original FCC would be restored to its original conditions and you would receive a new FCC for what you actually paid for in cash (credit) 

thus is all All per person 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

On 3/24/2020 at 8:43 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

Your original FCC will retain its original number so you can just you the original E mail that you received.  Once you receive the e mail for the new FCC the original one should be reactivated. 

Hi....tonight we got our FCC.  Just checking as not sure our amounts are right based on your comments.

We had two rooms. First room is the one without FCC applied.  So it is the total amount for both but leaving out "taxes and fees" and "gratuities" and then divide by 2.  Are we not refunded the gratuities and taxes/fees?   We paid them upfront so seems strange not to get refunded.

Our second room is the one I'm questioning as that one had the FCC applied.  Royal used the current cruise price to determine the amount of the new FCC (i.e. which is less as it had the previous FCC applied).  As an example....

• say our cruise was originally was $2000 for both of us
  • before final payment we applied $600 from a previous FCC and thus our cruise price was $1400 for both of us
  • the FCC that we received tonight is for $700 each instead of $1000 each

Shouldn't it be $1000 each for this cruise and we would have the 600 reactivated as the original FCC?

Edited by LuCruise

33 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Hi....tonight we got our FCC.  Just checking as not sure our amounts are right based on your comments.

We had two rooms. First room is the one without FCC applied.  So it is the total amount for both but leaving out "taxes and fees" and "gratuities" and then divide by 2.  Are we not refunded the gratuities and taxes/fees?   We paid them upfront so seems strange not to get refunded.

Our second room is the one I'm questioning as that one had the FCC applied.  Royal used the current cruise price to determine the amount of the new FCC (i.e. which is less as it had the previous FCC applied).  As an example....

• say our cruise was originally was $2000 for both of us
  • before final payment we applied $600 from a previous FCC and thus our cruise price was $1400 for both of us
  • the FCC that we received tonight is for $700 each instead of $1000 each

Shouldn't it be $1000 each for this cruise and we would have the 600 reactivated as the original FCC?

First room is 100% correct.  Taxes and fees are refunded to your credit card.

second room is 100% correct.  You only get the FCC on the amount that you paid not including the FCC.  The fcc will be reissued 

1 minute ago, LuCruise said:

Thanks!  Now that you put it that way, that makes sense as that's the money we paid out.

I think I'll call Royal tomorrow and just confirm that the original FCC has been reissued.

It may have.  I saw half my clients FCC’s for this sailing come  in today.  You would think that if they issued you the new one the other would be reactivated. 

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It may have.  I saw half my clients FCC’s for this sailing come  in today.  You would think that if they issued you the new one the other would be reactivated. 

Sounds like they did a bunch of FCCs today. 😄

Wonder if Royal will send an email for the original FCC re-activated. Guessing I'll need to make a phone call to make sure.

4 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Sounds like they did a bunch of FCCs today. 😄

Wonder if Royal will send an email for the original FCC re-activated. Guessing I'll need to make a phone call to make sure.

Working their way through the pile.

I would give a call about the old FCC. I would not trust that you will get an e mail about that one. 

• Thanks 1