Cancelled before 90 days, have 1 year to rebook.

9 hours ago, texas bound said:

I cancelled in January before the 90 days. I have a year to apply the balance of my deposit. If I book a cruise and cancel by September 1 would I be able to apply for a refund or FCC until 12/31/2021?

Neither, I think your original FCC will be reissued with the original terms.

17 minutes ago, The Scurvy Pirate said:

I have not used my FCC, which expires 6/21/20.  If they are still not sailing at that point, do you think they would extend it?

I think all FCCs are supposed to be reissued (if used) with a apply by date of 10/31/20 - not sure what happens to an FCC not yet applied.

1 hour ago, The Scurvy Pirate said:

I have not used my FCC, which expires 6/21/20.  If they are still not sailing at that point, do you think they would extend it?

I’ve read several posts from people saying they asked for extensions and were told no. Someone even used an FCC from a cancelled hurricane sailing on one of this spring’s sailings that got cancelled because of coronavirus.

They now only have until this fall to use the re-issued FCC because it was the original expiration date. Even with the fact that both their cruise attempts cancelled by the cruiseline, the cruiseline is refusing to extend the FCC. So my guess is they’ll also tell you no.

Add this risk to yet another reason why I’d never take the FCC option over cash. 

1 minute ago, ARandomTraveler said:

I’ve read several posts from people saying they asked for extensions and were told no. Someone even used an FCC from a cancelled hurricane sailing on one of this spring’s sailings that got cancelled because of coronavirus.

They now only have until this fall to use the re-issued FCC because it was the original expiration date. Even with the fact that both their cruise attempts cancelled by the cruiseline, the cruiseline is refusing to extend the FCC. So my guess is they’ll also tell you no.

Add this risk to yet another reason why I’d never take the FCC option over cash. 

Here’s that post I was talking about

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2744480-fcc-for-dorian-and-then-covid-cruise-not-extended-past-october-2020/