Reduced Balance Payment Period to 28 days

From the official website dated yesterday 9th April.

For all sailings between 1st July and 31st December 2020, we have reduced our balance payment due date down from 90 days to 28 days.

This means that cruises are secured with a 15% deposit until four weeks before departure, and guests have more time to make any decisions regarding their booking. With this in mind, we will also ensure that we let guests know of the status of their cruise at least four weeks before departure, in case their cruise is cancelled are altered.

For us this appears to be good news as we were scheduled to make an additional payment next month and were concerned doing so when advice is not to travel would adversely impact our insurance.

Hope this is to help to others.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Fred Olsen have been great all round in my experience, refund paid within predicted 60 days (although it took some chasing the TA to admit this) and sensitive dealing with the whole pandemic scenario. Can't wait till my December cruise to Canada.

I'm reluctant to use other companies now as I still have not seen refund for cancelled cruises.