Norwegian Jade May30 - June 13

RoKa95

I'm booked for the Jade May 30 - June 13. Has anyone heard anything about this booking? My hotel in Amsterdam has already Emailed me to say there closed until May30th but United air lines and Norwegian have not said a word. This is only my 3rd cruise and The first time flying, I don't know what to do at this pointe. I got a lot of money invested and don't wont to lose it. This was going to be the vacation of a life time for my family but is turning into a nightmare. Any help or advice is welcome.

20 minutes ago, RoKa95 said:

I'm booked for the Jade May 30 - June 13. Has anyone heard anything about this booking? My hotel in Amsterdam has already Emailed me to say there closed until May30th but United air lines and Norwegian have not said a word. This is only my 3rd cruise and The first time flying, I don't know what to do at this pointe. I got a lot of money invested and don't wont to lose it. This was going to be the vacation of a life time for my family but is turning into a nightmare. Any help or advice is welcome.

There has been no official word from NCL but in ALL likelihood your cruise will be canceled. You should prepare for THAT outcome.  I know it's tough to wait but as long as you wait for NCL to cancel then you have more choices as what you want to do about reimbursement - either credit for the future or a full cash refund.

Regarding your airfare you should be monitoring that VERY CLOSELY. The same thinking with regard to cancellations should apply here. Don't proactively cancel but monitor to see if the airline cancels first.  What you should be doing is researching what United's cancellation policies are.  If in the event that United doesn't cancel your flight and you need to cancel, how long do they give you to use the credit for the cancelled flights? These are the things you can do NOW so you're prepared to deal with the consequences. 

In both situations the future travel credit is ALWAYS given in the names of the original reservations. Meaning that in the event that you take future travel credit the SAME people that were traveling on the canceled cruise and air will have to use the future credit. So if Mary is traveling with you now and you get future travel credit only you and Mary can use that future travel credit.

So the other thing you can do NOW is have a contingency plan. You know your current plans will be cancelled. When else can your traveling party use that credit? If you wait for the cruiseline to cancel then you can request a full refund, so no future travel credit in that circumstance. But the airfare is a bit trickier. If they happen not to cancel the flights and you do have initiate a cancellation you will have airfare credit you will have to use within a certain timeframe or lose it.

Edited by kwokpot

5 hours ago, RoKa95 said:

Just in case you have not seen them, you have two replies (including mine) to the same post you made in a different thread:

Good luck to you. 

• 2 months later...

Ok so I got my airline and hotel money in less than 30 days. But nothing from Norwegian. Has anyone got any money back from the cruise line for this cruise or any other cruise from Norwegian?

4 hours ago, RoKa95 said:

Ok so I got my airline and hotel money in less than 30 days. But nothing from Norwegian. Has anyone got any money back from the cruise line for this cruise or any other cruise from Norwegian?

We were on the May 16 cruise on the Jade and we received an email yesterday stating our refund was processing.