ESCAPE CLASS AFT PENTHOUSE SUITES

buckeye rob

Thinking of looking at the August 2021 Bermuda cruise since this year's cruise is looking less likely.  We have the aft penthouse suite on  Encore booked for this year.  I see the Joy has replaced Encore for Bermuda next year from NYC.  When I went to look at possible dates, I see where NCL is now marketing those suites in 2 categories.  Regular balcony and large balcony. Guess getting that extra dime.  Actually I wish they would tell and show the exact floorplan of these suites.  The bedroom/bath arrangement is more important to me than a slightly larger balcony.  We have cruised on Escape in these  suites before and I prefer the darker bedroom with bath facing the balcony.  I know deck 11 is what we generally get.  A while back someone on here had a list of the different decks which had each arrangement. Bedroom or bath facing balcony.  My longwinded question is is this arrangement same for identical decks throughout the Escape Class ?  I forget which other decks had the bath by balcony but does that pertain (repeat) for the entire class ?  Regards, Gerry.

1 hour ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Breakaway Plus class (Escape, Joy, Bliss, & Encore) are the same aft-facing suite configuration. You want deck 11 or 14. The balconies for those decks are roughly the same size.

Thanks so much.  Also, is Encore the only Breakaway plus ship to have the large viewing area in the bow ?  Forget what it's called.  Thanks, Gerry.

16 minutes ago, buckeye rob said:

Thanks so much.  Also, is Encore the only Breakaway plus ship to have the large viewing area in the bow ?  Forget what it's called.  Thanks, Gerry.

Joy, Bliss, & Encore have Observation Lounges (1 for all, another for Haven) at the front of the ship. For the same 3 ships, the forward-facing sundeck is exclusively for Haven guests.

15 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Joy, Bliss, & Encore have Observation Lounges (1 for all, another for Haven) at the front of the ship. For the same 3 ships, the forward-facing sundeck is exclusively for Haven guests.

Thanks again.  For some reason I thought the Observation Lounge was new to Encore.  Just looking at options for next year as things look iffier longer than originally thought.  Have a Disney cruise with Grandkids in mid July and thinking our August 9 Encore would be a relaxation after Disney. LOL.  Any thoughts ?  Regards, Gerry.

45 minutes ago, buckeye rob said:

Have a Disney cruise with Grandkids in mid July and thinking our August 9 Encore would be a relaxation after Disney. LOL.  Any thoughts ? 

An August cruise can be hit or miss as far as relaxing. The Haven courtyard is all ages but the Haven sundeck is 16 and older. You also have the option of the Spa which is at the opposite end of the ship but you do not have a Spa option on Joy. Encore has a much larger VIBE area (adult only/extra cost) than Joy but Encore doesn't have Spice H2O (adult only/no extra cost) while Joy does.

Encore has the better go kart track. Joy has the better hull art.

• Like 1