questions for recent serendade cruisers

maggieq

Allan Brooks. We were there 1/14/06-01/21/06

He was very energetic and fun - he reminded us of a good friend from home.

The singers and dancers were great (my favorite on any ship). We went to the opening show and the broadway hits show. Then there was an A Cappella (sp?) group one night that we missed but I heard it was great. They also had a decade of music show that was really good. Then we missed the Happy Days singer - can't think of his name.

They were not Vegas shows by any means, but I still enjoyed them a lot.

I can't think of what the others shows were - OH - a magic show that was really good. And a tango-themed show that was okay - my husband and I are big tango geeks and it wasn't the best. They were at the airport with us, so I think they were about to go on break? Or head for another ship?

HTH!

oh it seems that kirk D has moved on to another ship then.we had him in dec and found him really annoying,some of the shows werent too cracky either,singers and dancers were good but we had a comedian,cant remember his name,he was so bad that many people,including us walked out!! i felt embaressed for him really,but i just couldnt sit there any longer,lets hope they get a better one for our cruise in jan,if not its to the piano bar for us and adveture ocean for the kids

was on the serenade this past december. allan brooks was the CD and he was awesome. he had a great sense of humor. the last night of the cruise he had a "TOP 10 LIST OF THE MOST DUMB QUESTIONS PEOPLE ASK HIM ABOUT CRUISING". oh my g_d....we were on the floor.

as far as entertainmnet goes....we never went to see the royal caribbean dancers but we did see a juggler (great).....either the drifters, platters or coasters..(can't remember) was there and there is actually 1 original member left but it's still fun because EVERYONE KNOWS ALL THE WORDS TO THE SONGS. then the surprise was CHARO. she was amazing....1st of all she makes fun of herself and then she takes out a guitar (she is classically trained by segovia) and for 45 minutes has the audience in a complete trance. we bought her CD and we listen to it all the time. i'm sorry we didn't buy more becuase i know several people who would love to have it.

another great thing was...all week in one of the lounges they were having tryouts for KARAOKE IDOL. on the last night the top 10 cruisers got to perform and then there was a contest. this (besides charo) was the best night. these passengers were sooooo talented. what was nice was the range of age ( 3 were in their early 20's) and both men and women performed.

this was my 3rd royal caribbean cruise and definitely the best CD and entertainment.

for the 1/21/06 sailing it was Allen Brooks- wonderful

The Stage to Screen show was pretty bad- I'm a huge braodway fan and the songs and they chose to sing were far from mainstream- the singers and dancers were working hard tough! The Vibeology show (the other RCCl production) was wonderful though, which we were really suprised about!

If Mosiac, which is an accapella group, is there DO NOT MISS IT!! They were WONDERFUL! We thought it was going to be a typical boyband performance and only poked our heads in b/c we were already at that end of the ship. We were shocked to find 6 VERY talented young men performing for 45 minutes with absolutly no instrumnets, and they were amazing! Not to be missed.

The comedian (Dan someone...) was just OK, but the illusionists were very impressive.

My daughter saw a pic. of the slide on the Serenade and we were wondering if it is a "kiddie" slide, or if others can use it. She is 11 and thought it looked like fun, does anyone know anything about it???

Thanks so much!!!

Archived