Can a Sea Pass be restricted?

slicerboy

Giving my 17 year old, shopaholic daughter a Sea Pass with it guaranteed by my credit card is a very dangerous situation. :(

Is there a way to get a daily limit on it? Or just an overall limit on it?

This is the first time we are taking our DD on a cruise, we always wanted to keep cruising for just the two of us but she has looked in to it and insisted on going this trip with us. Explorer 8/25/06.

If the Sea Pass cannot be limited, look for me, the guy trying to hang himself when I cash out at the end of the 9 night cruise. :eek:

you can set up her SeaPass with cash... once her cash starts to run out you will recieve a note in your cabin that more money needs to be deposited... I did this with my niece to help her control her spending..... or you can also set up her account with a seperate credit card... maybe one with a very low limit??? I don't know if pre-paid credit cards would work, but you can always ask... hope this helps....

Yes, it can, talk to the desk as soon as you get on-I restricted mine for a different reason-you may have a shopaholic 17 year old daughter, well I have a videogameaholic 9 year old son-those sea passes can get tokens in the arcade too!! $20 bucks a pop, each time he sticks it in the token machine.

They have ways to restrict them, or even make them charge-free for minors-you can also arrange for a pre-paid maximum on hers, so once she hits a limit, it won't charge any more stuff-

See the front desk when you board.

You gotta let her shop a little bit ;)

You can monitor her every day to see what she is spending. I would think that this would be a great opportunity to teach her responsibility with money. My daughter is also 17 and she was allowed a certain amount and anything she spent over that she had to pay up. She never did go over her limit.

I really appreciate the feedback. I will go to the check in area and get her restricted on a daily basis even if it requires paying cash to the card on a daily basis.

Being her first time on a ship it can be very easy to go overboard on spending, especially the computer useage. She will be emailing her friends probably daily. YIKES!

Thanks alot guys!!:)

Even if you do set up her card with a limit, you should also verify the amount spent each day on your account by checking the TV or asking the customer service desk for a printout. I've seen some posts pop up about parents who thought they had limited their child's spending only to find out later that their kid had spent $800 on video games and candy at the end of the cruise.

Archived