Spacious vs Regular Rooms

We currently have a spacious ocean view room at 211 sq ft booked on Freedom (one of the new rooms so I know very few have actually seen these rooms).

Looking at upgrading to regular balcony room at 188 sq ft.

Anyone know if the size feels that much smaller?  We are a family of 4.  A balcony would be nice, but not sure if the extra sq ft will feel roomier (then again, no balcony on current booking).

Also, I assume there are no pullman + sofa beds on Freedom?  The deck plan shows a * which says it means "sofa bed and 3rd pullman bed available", but the room description just says double sofa bed so I'm thinking the deck plan is an error.

3 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

We currently have a spacious ocean view room at 211 sq ft booked on Freedom (one of the new rooms so I know very few have actually seen these rooms).

Looking at upgrading to regular balcony room at 188 sq ft.

Anyone know if the size feels that much smaller?  We are a family of 4.  A balcony would be nice, but not sure if the extra sq ft will feel roomier (then again, no balcony on current booking).

Also, I assume there are no pullman + sofa beds on Freedom?  The deck plan shows a * which says it means "sofa bed and 3rd pullman bed available", but the room description just says double sofa bed so I'm thinking the deck plan is an error.

Balconies on Freedom only have sofabeds.  There are no Pullman’s.

you are seeing the * as Royal is updating the legend and the * refers to holding 4 guests.  After May 2021 they will no longer identify the bedding type...only the occupancy 

DCB91431-8AE0-4987-A3D2-153D2C63237A.jpeg

3 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Thanks so much for the quick response.  I figured the star was a mismatch.

As for the room size, we're thinking the balcony will make up for the slightly smaller room.  

Plus the fresh air.  I would make that trade any day.

Our March SY cruise we are back to having 3 in the cabin since DD is at university.  Started off in a CP view.  Paid $300 to upgrade to a neighbourhood guy.  Price drop for that $300.  Upgrade to an OV balcony for $300.  Back to the same price and now have an OV balcony. 

Thanks.  That's what we're thinking too.  It'll cost us $270 to upgrade (on an already pricey cruise considering its only 5 nights), but think we can manage.  Wish Freedom had pullman and sofa option or trundle type beds on regular rooms. Moving to ultra spacious is too much.

You did pretty good on Symphony!

• Like 1