Argentina Brazil cruise December 2020

longton

We have booked our first Azamara cruise. It's a 12 night cruise leaving Buenos Aires on 9 December 2020. The cruise visits ports in Brazil and Uruguay.  

We paid a deposit of £250 per person and the balance is due on 10 September.

We expect the cruise will be cancelled but in any event we will not be travelling.

We cannot lift and shift since there are no similar itineraries in 2021 or 2022.

Does anyone know if it is likely we will hear if the cruise is or isn't going ahead before we are asked to pay the balance? It would be nice if we would get the deposit refunded but not the end of the world if we lose it.

Thanks.

You should be ok. We had 3 fully paid bookings ,1 in April and 2  inJune. Waited until Azamara cancelled and claimed refund via TA.

Deposits paid back to our credit card Some weeks ago. Remaining amounts were received from TA today. 
We were also able to transfer deposit on September Black Sea cruise to a new March 2021 booking . Cape Town-Lisbon.

We were booked on the cruise after yours and I canceled this week. Given that there is little chance these cruises will happen I saw no point in continuing to leave it. IMHO I don't think Azamara will cancel prior to final payment given that Royal/Celebrity/Azamara seem to be the last to announce any cancelations in addition to doing the shortest duration possible. Though your final payment date is later than ours (August 23) so you may get lucky. We are also in the US so we could get our deposit back, but did have to shell out the $75 pp for canceling. Given that it took us two months to get a refund for our June cruise that was canceled in April and I'm still working to get the other one squared away, it seemed like a small price to pay just to be done with it. Our sailing, like yours, was not offered in 2021 so lift and shift was not an option.