Deck Navigation

BeenAround

Ok here it is. We are cruising the Victory on Feb 18th. Then Liberty February 26th. Can't wait. My question is which ship is easier to navigate from front to back as far as having me get mixed up everytime I go back to the room let's say and then to the dining room. On some previous ships I have wound up in the wrong dining room and had to go all the way back or if I remember take an elevator up or down then cross the ship to the other dining room. It just seems some are easier than others. Is this so? Which ship is easier or are both the same class.

Thanks.

Thanks,

But.....I am usually inside cabin, with no window. I just know I will be going butt backwards most of the time and running to catch up with evryone at dinnertime. I am usually respectfully a little late, but dinnertime is one time I don't like being late for. Thanks for the window tip, and starboard is right. What's left?

Thanks,

But.....I am usually inside cabin, with no window. I just know I will be going butt backwards most of the time and running to catch up with evryone at dinnertime. I am usually respectfully a little late, but dinnertime is one time I don't like being late for. Thanks for the window tip, and starboard is right. What's left?

Left is port (they both have four letters, that's my way to remember)

I've been on the Triumph (same class as Victory) and on the Pride (same class as Liberty). The Triumph was a piece of cake to get around on. I liked having the two walkways on the promenade deck - it really cut down on traffic jams.

The Pride wasn't too bad, but it could get congested on the promenade.

We did have one big problem on the Pride that we never got straight - if you take the mid-ship stairs down to the lobby deck trying to get to the aft restaraunt, you can't. 7 bloody days and we never got this straight!!!!! (think it might have had something to do with the buckets of beer in the afternoon??) You have to go back up a flight of stairs, then around outside, then down to get to it. When the hallways and stairways are filled with people waiting to get into the restaraunt, it can get difficult to change course.

Ok here it is. We are cruising the Victory on Feb 18th. Then Liberty February 26th. Can't wait. My question is which ship is easier to navigate from front to back ......

If you can get Victory down, Liberty should be a snap. Victory (Destiny Class) is the predecessor, and smaller sister to Liberty (Conquest Class). Both ship's over all deck plans are nearly identical. The only real difference is the fact that Liberty is just bigger. We were on Victory in '04, and will be on Valor (also Conquest Class) in 2 weeks. Prior to Victory, I had done no prior homework, and will admit that it took a few days to learn the ship. The most important thing to know is (stateroom decks not included) that the only public decks that can be walked from bow to stern are Lido and Promenade. This is important to know if you assigned to the Aft Dining Room.

The best way for you to be prepared is to go to http://www.carnival.com and click on Fun Ships. From there you can click on either ship and then choose Deck Plans. Get to know them before you go, and it should make things much easier for you.

Psst john, I think you got your ships confused. While Triumph is a Destiny Class, Pride is a Spirit Class, not Conquest Class. And Spirit Class has bow to stern walk though on the public deck, Destiny is the one that gets people confused because it is only offered on Promenade and Lido. But who cares, its Friday, go have a bucket-o-beer, and blow it off. :D

It was the Glory that we kept getting stuck in the stairwell!!!

Like I said. In two weeks we'll be on Valor (same class as Glory), and I think I have the stairwell issue prepared for. I'm just hoping that if I get "stuck" anywhere, its on the F-Deck. cool_shades.gif :D

Four letters. Left.

You think I would know this stuff.

I am not new to it, but just not clued to it I guess.

Habby Anniversary!

Thanks

Glad I could help. Comes from waitressing tricks. (Regular coffee on the Right, Light beer on the Left)

And thank you. How clever. No one has ever said that to us.

Hey Folks,

Thanks for the advice.

I'm on countdown and can't wait.

Fed up and need a break from routine.

Caribbean dad.....glitter? I thought nice...but then a nanosecond later said....no....not for me, but hey, more power to you.

Habby, I would like to think I am clever. Beaming, but then I started all this because I did not know front from back, left from right. But thank you for the compliment, very kind.

Buckets...what can i say....."A" for effort.

Archived