When Will We Feel Safe to Cruise Again

mcrcruiser

22 hours ago, HappyInVan said:

I wouldn't be so pessimistic. Europe is starting to peak, after their stern measures. Ontario's lockdown in Toronto will break this surge. Places with poor management will just have to suffer until they get vaccinated. 🙂

USA states 7D MA cases per capita Nov 2.JPG

This & the fact that Carnival corp has suspended  all cruises through the first quarter of  2021 does   not bode well   for the cruise industry . imo ,the only  item that will take the heat off the industry will be as the vaccines are  given out to people  .The CEO of Carnival corp has said that they have enough cash to carry the corporation t through the summer if need be .Well  ley us all hope it does not come to that

1 hour ago, mcrcruiser said:

This & the fact that Carnival corp has suspended  all cruises through the first quarter of  2021 does   not bode well   for the cruise industry... 

I'm not worried about cruising. It will come back eventually because the demand is there.

I'm disappointed because I had 6 cruises booked in January. Now, I only have a FCC with MSC (owned by the MSC shipping group) and a single August 2021 booking with Ponant (backed by the French billionaire).

FYI, I've not bothered to check the itineraries since April 2020 when I began cancelling my bookings. Waste of time.

I'm not worried about the biggest cruise companies. CCL is the responsibility of the Aniston family. That said, cash burn will accelerate as ships resume operations, as customers use their FCC. So, expect some brands to fold, or go into dormancy.

As I have said from the beginning, cruise companies need to focus on the low risk areas. Get a few ships going in East Asia, Australasia and Scandinavia.

They're using the modular approach. Italian departures for Italians only etc. Fold up itineraries when infection gets out of control. Oddly, the Italian cruises seem to be doing well after initial problems.

Your primary concern is to protect yourself and others around you. Don't worry about the small businesses. They can be restarted with government aid. Lives lost can never be restarted. And, the crippled will have a lifetime of regret.

Per HappyInVsn

"I have said from the beginning, cruise companies need to focus on the low risk areas. Get a few ships going in East Asia, Australasia and Scandinavia.

They're using the modular approach. Italian departures for Italians only etc. Fold up itineraries when infection gets out of control. Oddly, the Italian cruises seem to be doing well after initial problems."

From the above ,we think you are right as to where the cruise lines should focus their cruise  ships in the near term