Cruise ships in Cozumel

Rstamper

I don't know of any RCI ships that were originally scheduled to stop in Cozumel that aren't still going to Cozumel. Nobody is docking in Cozumel, they are all tendering. When I was there in December, Rhapsody tendered to the downtown pier, but Mariner tendered to the International Pier. My family and I did the Mexican Cooking Demonstration at Playa Mia and had a great time. After the class, we got to take advantage of the facilities and it was wonderful. We had planned on shopping downtown, but due to rain decided not to, but most places were open, even at that time.

We just got off the NOS and we tendered into downtown. I was a little shocked when we saw where we were tendering to. I am used to the International Pier. It was nice to be downtown without having to take a taxi. Those $1 Coronas were even better knowing it was just a short walk to the tender. Carlos 'N Charlies was even closer.

Bobbie

FYI very few stores were accepting credit cards. Not sure if the phone lines are still down from the hurricane? The ATM in town didn't work either.

I checked Cruisecal earlier this week for my march cruise and found there are seven (yep) 7 ships in port that day! I'm thinking about staying on board.

I wish RCI could go to another port until the piers are fixed. Seven ships using tenders I think will be a nightmare!

When we were there last week, there was the RCCL Mariner, the Rhapsody, and the Carnival Conquest. We were all anchored close to the Down town pier, and believe that all three ships used it. I know that the Conquest and Rhapsody did

I used my credit card ONCE when off the ship at Carlos & Charlies...they stole my numbers, and info off the card and by the time I got home thousands was charged on it.

Right after that I heard that the cruise ships were alerting guests NOT to use credit cards, ESPECIALLY debit cards while in Mexico. Not only did I know who did it, but I had a picture of him while I sat on his lap-VISA wasn't interested- SO BEWARE.

Are any of the RCCL cruise ships stopping in Cozumel ? Are they docking at the old pier? If you have been there lately, what activities did you do?

Thanks,

Rstamper

You can also check this site to see which ships are in port. The home page is a wealth of info on Cozumel. Enjoy.

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/Cruiseships

Are any of the RCCL cruise ships stopping in Cozumel ? Are they docking at the old pier? If you have been there lately, what activities did you do? Thanks, Rstamper

We were just there late January on Explorer. We, too, tendered in. Only RCCL was tendering to our pier. The seas were pretty rough that day. The ship was suppose to leave port at 4:30, but I was on the last tender after waiting in line for hours, literally and we didn't leave the pier until after 6:00. As a result we were an hour or two late getting into Grand Cayman the next day.

Having been there before a few years earlier, it was just sad, sad, sad.

We did do an excursion. Clear Kayaking. It was a lot of fun. If you do it you will need cash, though that little fact is not printed anywhere. We weren't informed of this until we got to the beach. No big deal for us, we had a little with us. What for? Locked dry storage while in the water. Additional food/drink. Photos ($10 or $12 each) Also, snorkeling is included with it. It really is a pretty good deal, PLUS you get 2 free drink tickets and fresh fruit to eat. Drinks are what ever you want. We will do it again!!! It was rough seas, as I mentioned earlier so getting in/out of kayak was rather 'exciting', if you will. At least 3 kayaks flipped. The crew that works this were there helping EVERYONE out of the water. Again, it was very fun and we would do it again.

Cozumel will be back one day, it still has a lot to offer.

I wish RCCL would divert our ship (Explorer) to another port. Rotain would get my vote. There are going to be way to many ships in port for me on our day. I'm sorry for Cozumel, but I think they need to limit the number of ships until the piers are up and running. If we go there I think I will just stay on board.

First of all, there are not many ports to divert to that haven't been diverted to already that are within a logical distance of one port to another. Plus a lot of ports are already at 100percent capacitiy because several (Carnival Liberty, Carnival Glory, and more), have already switched ports, filling them above their normal daily load.

Seven ships to tender isn't that bad. It sounds like we may be there on the same day. Grand Cayman has that many ships on a daily basis in the winter and they do fine.

By the way, thanks to the posters tips about credit cards. Thats too bad, because it will end up hurting their economy big time!

:) Just returned from the Splendor and was in Cozumel last Monday. They tendered us in right in the downtown area. We did the Catamaran sail, snorkel and beach party. We were disappointed in the snorkeling... the reef was gone from the hurricane. But, we did see lots of starfish and several schools of fish. The catamaran was really nice and roomy, and it was definitely a party on board. We had a lot of fun. We ate lunch at Carlos and Charlie's... best tampequena steak around... but that place was WILD with drinkers! There's not much vegetation left from the hurricane,but you can tell it's coming back.

Enchantment 9/05

Splendor 2/06

There is still much to do on Cozumel...in fact we learned more about the island and the people than we had in ALL of our previous visits!

We had a great time. There are still beaches open, good shopping in San Miguel and Pancho's Backyard is still cookin'

It is a ten minute tender ride from the ship to the tender dock (after the boat is filled). Tendering back was easy. There were five ships in port when we were there, and it did not seem crowded...

LL

From a friend who lives in Cozumel:

Carnival is paying for the first pier to be re-built. It is targeted for Nov. 06..Not in a few months.

Cozumel is alive and kicking!

Tendering in Dec was pretty darn easy. Princess had contracted with several large boats so it went fast and was effective.

Archived