Winter 2022 itineraries BVI’s

Misty Morning

As a result of the destruction caused by hurricane Irma in the BVI’s in 2017, Windstar moved the Yachtsman’s Caribbean stop in Soper’s Hole, Tortola to Roadtown and its North Sound/Prickly Pear Virgin Gorda stop and beach BBQ to Spanish Town/Fischer's Cove VG. Now that Soper’s Hole is back on the itinerary in the winter 2021, has anybody heard if they are also going back to the North  Sound in Virgin Gorda so they can hold the BBQ on Prickly Pear Island.  Prickly Pear much nicer than Fischer’s Cove

I agree. North Sound is spectacular and Prickly Pear has the feel of a deserted island in comparison to the crowded unbeachy feel of Fischer’s Cove. 

I also hope they bring Vieques back into their Caribbean itineraries- so much better than St Thomas. Last time I asked WS, the woman did not know if that was a future possibility again. Hope so!

SailMaine,

I agree with you St-Thomas is not a great stop.  We were on the cruise in Vieques when the shooting incident injuring a Windstar employee and resulting in the death of a local resident happened last November.  Not sure I want to go back yet as the island has been devastated by hurricanes and it seems drug gangs are present on the island.  Think I would like to go to Culebra instead (which they used to call on prior to Vieques and now St Thomas)