What If My Rescheduled Cruise Gets Cancelled Again

Our European cruise for June 2020 was cancelled and we rescheduled for June 2021.   We bought Travel Insured International through Trip Insurance Store and initial application date was 6-22-19.  I immediately called TIS after we rescheduled and our dates were changed for the same term for June 2021.   I am worried now that the rescheduled cruise for June 2021 will also be cancelled.  If cancelled by the cruise company or ourselves will we be able to change the dates on our policy again or will we just lose the insurance?

11 hours ago, HLGW60 said:

Our European cruise for June 2020 was cancelled and we rescheduled for June 2021.   We bought Travel Insured International through Trip Insurance Store and initial application date was 6-22-19.  I immediately called TIS after we rescheduled and our dates were changed for the same term for June 2021.   I am worried now that the rescheduled cruise for June 2021 will also be cancelled.  If cancelled by the cruise company or ourselves will we be able to change the dates on our policy again or will we just lose the insurance?

Hi HLGW60,

When you are past the 14 day Free Look Period, you are able to save the value of your Travel Insured policy and re-use it for a future trip even if you don’t have the new dates now.

We can have Travel Insured note your policy for future use when your trip is cancelled without penalties. The new departure date would have to be within 2.5 years from the original plan purchase date. Later, let us know when you book a new trip and we will take care of changing your dates for you.

Steve Dasseos

3 hours ago, HLGW60 said:

Thank you Mr. Dasseos for answering my question.  It is appreciated.

Hi HLGW60,

You're welcome.

I don't know who you are by your CruiseCritic id, so if you want me to contact Travel Insured for you, email me at steve@tripinsurancestore.com

Steve