Miami Hotels..South Beach and Downtown?

pcboston

Hi all,

I hope someone who has stayed in South Beach can recommend something. We are going in May, I thought the prices would drop off season, but they are still coming up pretty high. Has anyone used Hotwire, I'm wondering what hotels they got at a 3 and a half * or a 4*. I'm looking to stay in that area pre-cruise and in the downtown area post-cruise. They list a 4* downtown that I'm hoping is the Intercontinental. I would be grateful for any input and experiences...have never stayed in Miami so don't want to make a mistake. Daughter and I are traveling together, so I'm looking for clean, safe, and close to things we'd like to do. Thanks to all and happy sails.

I've never used Hotwire but just used priceline for my upcomming May 7 cruise on the Valor. I got the Intercontinental for a bid of $105.00. Being a Saturday night and the regular rates of $249 I dont cosider that to bad. Didn't have much luck finding anything cheaper. Looks like a great hotel really close to the port.

Philip

Thanks for that information. We are cruising on May 14th, a week after you. I would love to get the Intercontinental, it's close to Bayside and the port, too. Have been looking at Hotwire because you can get some idea of the amenities, its a little more than what you paid, but since this is the first time I do this, I may try it. Thanks again. Happy sails.....

To try to find out what hotel Hotwire might be selling at 4* in Downtown try this; Click on the Package link on Hotwire; type in Boston as a departure & return city; make a two might stay request over the same weekend you need for your cruise and put in a 4* request downtown. See what hotels show up! You don't have to buy! It's not 100% reliable, but its a start.

We too got the Intercontinetal on Priceline @ $132 for November - 4* downtown.

Good luck.

Archived