Venice to Istanbul Oct 10, 2006

mdmgso

My husband and I stayed in the Holiday Inn Istanbul City in Oct. We had a suite in the top floor with a balcony---can't tell you a price because we used award points. It is located in the Old City at a tram stop. It is about 4 stops to the main tourist area. The restaurant is good. Would rather eat in the restaurants "downtown". Our favorite was Rejean's--on the modern side. A Russian restaurant--fabulous food and lemonvodka. Good luck and most important, ENJOY Pat

We are also on this cruise. I previously posted a roll call but I didn't get much of a response. We are staying in a hotel called the Sari Konak(http://www.sarikonak.com). It is a small hotel in the old section. The hotel is #1 rated on Tripadvisor. We got a deluxe double foe 125 euros a night including breakfast. We look foward to seeing you on the ship.

For hotel suggestions from fellow travelers, check Fodor's Travel Talk Europe Forum, which is also a message board, similar to this one. There is a great post on the board called "Turkey in the Straw: Thingorjus Sleeps in Istanbul" which is quite entertaining & informative. I think Thingorjus stayed at the Ritz, which they thoroughly enjoyed.

I was wondering if anyone had stayed at InterContinental Ceylan, and could recommend it? It is one of Oceania's pre-cruise hotel selections.

We are on the Istanbul-Venice cruise just before yours. We're arriving early for pre-cruise exploration. Highly recommended to us and which we're checking out are: Yesil-Ev, Empress Zoe, Angel's Home and Hotel Nena. These are all in the Sultanhamet neighbourhood within 150 meters of the Agia Sophia and Topkapi Palace and are previewable on http://www.tripadvisor.com. The Hilton, Intercontinental etc are in Convention Alley near Taksim Square. Don't know what your budget is. These are all about +/- 100 Euros incl breakfast & taxes. If you want to spend more, The Four Seasons also in Sultanhamet is a good bet.

Happy hunting

We are also on this cruise. I previously posted a roll call but I didn't get much of a response. We are staying in a hotel called the Sari Konak(www.sarikonak.com). It is a small hotel in the old section. The hotel is #1 rated on Tripadvisor. We got a deluxe double foe 125 euros a night including breakfast. We look foward to seeing you on the ship.

icon10.gifYes! We Are "booked" And Ready To Go.

:D HELLO ALL!

*-We are "R J " Morris and Johanne Pollock, and "Cruise" every six months or so. Just got back from South America and the Antarctic on the Regal Princess. Did Tahiti on the same "style" ship as the "Nautica" (twice), and this is our first time on Oceania.

:) *- We look forward to meeting nice people, and we have posted on other "sites" here on different cruises, so you can see how we behave and have made great friends.

:cool: -Thank you for starting this "Thread," and we will monitor what is written here, HOWEVER, WE WILL BE POSTING ONLY ON THE "OTHER" THREAD... "NAUTICA 10-10-06, VENICE TO ISTANBUL." We usually don't book any excursions through the ship, and love to just "tag a long" and "pay our way" with anyone wanting to do anything on shore.

Respectfully; "R J Morris and Johanne Pollock.

P.S. We live in Huntington Beach, California.

Archived