will I make it

mgord

HI , is there enough time to make a12:15 flight in ft. meyers if depart the legend of the seas in tampa?

I don't think so. Ft Myers and TAmpa are about 2 1/2 - 3 hrs apart, usless you are planning or "flying" up interstate 75. I have no idea where you will pick up the car etc. but I believe the drive would be too far.

I also wouldn't count on it. It takes about 2 hours, 20 minutes to get from the port to Ft. Myers airport with no traffic. In the spring, traffic can get quite congested on I-75 at times with all the tourists heading south. Even if you got off the ship and had your luggage by 9:00 (and this would be a best case scenario) add travel time and you are at 11:20. Do you have to return a rental car, check luggage?? Ft. Myers can be strict about checking in for your flight an hour in advance to make it through security. If I had a choice, I would take the next flight out, and not have to panic if you got caught in a traffic jam, etc. Missing a flight after a peaceful cruise can really undo the fun of a vacation.

Good luck if you do try.

Amy

Archived