We purchased a travel insurance policy (Travelex) in January 2021 when we made reservations for cruises and land trips in Europe for summer 2022.

Are such policies being updated to cover medical expenses for Covid infections for vaccinated policy holders?

(Our understanding is that previously such policies did not cover expenses caused by known pandemics.)

If such policies are not being updated, are insurance companies planning to offer separate policies to cover Covid medical expenses?

Thanks in advance for your input.

1 hour ago, Fairwinds789 said:

We purchased a travel insurance policy (Travelex) in January 2021 when we made reservations for cruises and land trips in Europe for summer 2022.

Are such policies being updated to cover medical expenses for Covid infections for vaccinated policy holders?

(Our understanding is that previously such policies did not cover expenses caused by known pandemics.)

If such policies are not being updated, are insurance companies planning to offer separate policies to cover Covid medical expenses?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Hi Fairwinds789,

Does your Travelex plan exclude pandemics and epidemics? If so, will you tell me which exact plan you have?

None of the Travelex plans (nor my other companies) I offer exclude pandemics and epidemics. This was true prior to Covid, too.

Steve Dasseos

Hi Steve,

Thank you for getting back to us so quickly.

After reviewing the policy again, we don't see any language excluding pandemics and epidemics.

The policy is TSB-1117 FL 11.17.  It seems that Covid would be covered as an illness under the policy, correct?

Appreciate your help!

7 hours ago, Fairwinds789 said:

Hi Steve,

Thank you for getting back to us so quickly.

After reviewing the policy again, we don't see any language excluding pandemics and epidemics.

The policy is TSB-1117 FL 11.17.  It seems that Covid would be covered as an illness under the policy, correct?

Appreciate your help!

Yes, you are correct. Covid is treated the same as any illness.

Here are some recent Blog posts I wrote about Covid coverage:

https://tripinsurancestore.com/blog/does-a-trip-cancellation-plan-cover-a-last-minute-positive-covid-test/

https://tripinsurancestore.com/blog/more-about-what-is-covered-for-covid/

https://tripinsurancestore.com/blog/is-a-us-state-dept-level-4-warning-a-covered-reason-to-cancel-my-trip/

Steve Dasseos