Future Cruise Credit Timeline extensions?

kroberst

Hello! I am curious if anyone has heard whether Celebrity will extend the timeframe on FCC taken for cancelled cruises? We had our Oct 2020 Australia cancelled, attempted to use part of it March 2021 which was also cancelled. We will be using some of it September 2021 but still have some left over. We rebooked Australia for October 2022 but apparently the timeframe won't permit this? This would be incredibly disappointing if Celebrity doesn't extend the timeframe since we tried to use it within the timeframe but the world wasn't open yet. Has anyone heard anything about this? TIA

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies, bummer. Our cruise doesn't have an earlier sail since it's the repositioning. I suppose I can hope they move the sail date up into September from the currently scheduled of 10/3. This year's TA was just moved up 3 weeks. They stand to gain more 'new' money if I am able to take that cruise than if I need to cancel and book an earlier one that wasn't in the plans. 

If they picked the timeline based on their belief they would be traveling by December 2020 (or whenever), pushing out the allowable timeframe an equivalent number of months to when you could actually use it seems reasonable. But I suppose I'm not juggling the finances for a cruise line and their stockholders. I reached out to celebrity customer service so we'll see what sort of response is received.

On 7/6/2021 at 6:06 PM, jelayne said:

So far no extension and those that have asked for a extension of days or a couple of weeks have been denied. 

I booked October 2,2022 from an FCC. They allowed it.  Just a couple of days after deadline. 

40 minutes ago, miisa said:

I booked October 2,2022 from an FCC. They allowed it.  Just a couple of days after deadline. 

Did you ask for a. extension or just book & apply the FCC?  There was 1 poster who booked and X rep mistakenly applied the  FCC and it was allowed to stand.  
We asked for a extension to 10/3 and we’re denied.

6 hours ago, jelayne said:

Did you ask for a. extension or just book & apply the FCC?  There was 1 poster who booked and X rep mistakenly applied the  FCC and it was allowed to stand.  
We asked for a extension to 10/3 and we’re denied.

We had the same experience, due to time constraints on our end , we ended up booking an overpriced Hawaii cruise so as to not loose our FCC

I haven't received a response yet from the Celebrity Customer Service email. I'll give them a few more days and then try to call the Captain's Club number next week. It never hurts to politely ask but this does admittedly put a bit of a bad taste in my mouth that they haven't proactively offered a standardized approach or response. If I can't use the credit I will likely end up cancelling the big Australia cruise in order to book a closer one within the timeframe because vacation time at work is a consideration.

We asked for an extension for 10/12/22 - repo from Boston to Fort Lauderdale.  First rep said ok, so we booked.  One week later, we were told no.......................  They gave us the full deposit towards at TA from Fort Lauderdale to Rome - good for us, bad for us........................Looking forward to the TA