Greenock Departures

NightWoman

Scotland have banned all cruise ship visits to Scottish ports until the entire country is in tier one. 
Given the infection rates in Scotland are some of the worst in Europe, this might take a while……

• Like 1

Hi The jester,

I'm aware of the tier situation with regards cruise ships docking in Greenock but I find it strange that all the Greenock departures have just disappeared as the update from the the SG isn't due until the 19th of July then we should go to level 0 on the 9th August.

It's also highly unlikely that areas that are currently in level 2 will go from level 2 to 0 in one go but I may be wrong. 

Our cruise is the 11th August so it should still be showing, unless it's sold out. 

28 minutes ago, TheJester said:

Hi NW. Maybe they’ve pulled all the cruises from sale until after the update?

Could be but I've contacted my TA and she hadn't heard anything so she is checking it out. 

49 minutes ago, NightWoman said:

Hi The jester,

I'm aware of the tier situation with regards cruise ships docking in Greenock but I find it strange that all the Greenock departures have just disappeared as the update from the the SG isn't due until the 19th of July then we should go to level 0 on the 9th August.

It's also highly unlikely that areas that are currently in level 2 will go from level 2 to 0 in one go but I may be wrong. 

Our cruise is the 11th August so it should still be showing, unless it's sold out. 

The plan is for Scotland to move to Level 0 on 19th July (link here).  There will then be further restrictions lifted on 9th August assuming all is well.

We are due to sail from Greenock on 1st Sept, thought by then we might be good to go but given MSC have removed all Greenock sailings from their website it appears not. 

I'm not sure infection rates carry the same weight they did prior to the vaccination rollout.  We aren't going to get rid of Covid, so long as the general population is safe then we need to learn to live with it.  The government are expecting a huge increase in cases, it's more likely to be the impact of them on hospital numbers that will be the determining factor on restrictions being lifted.

5 minutes ago, KonkyWonky said:

The plan is for Scotland to move to Level 0 on 19th July (link here).  There will then be further restrictions lifted on 9th August assuming all is well.

We are due to sail from Greenock on 1st Sept, thought by then we might be good to go but given MSC have removed all Greenock sailings from their website it appears not. 

I'm not sure infection rates carry the same weight they did prior to the vaccination rollout.  We aren't going to get rid of Covid, so long as the general population is safe then we need to learn to live with it.  The government are expecting a huge increase in cases, it's more likely to be the impact of them on hospital numbers that will be the determining factor on restrictions being lifted

Thanks KW got the lifting of restriction dates mixed up. 

Still seems odd that MSC have removed Greenock from their website, hopefully it's a glich. 

Lots of people on Facebook saying their Greenock cruises have been cancelled. I am meant to be disembarking there on July 28th (4 days starting in Southampton) but I’m losing hope..! My itinerary disappeared from the website a long time ago as well. 

Being reports on various Facebook groups that all Greenock departures are cancelled. Loads of people have had phone calls today from MSC or their Travel Agent telling them that after there was a travel agent webinar this morning apparently. Sorry.

3 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

Being reports on various Facebook groups that all Greenock departures are cancelled. Loads of people have had phone calls today from MSC or their Travel Agent telling them that after there was a travel agent webinar this morning apparently. Sorry.

My TA had email from MSC regional manager and August sailings haven't been cancelled. 

2 minutes ago, NightWoman said:

My TA had email from MSC regional manager and August sailings haven't been cancelled. 

Someone was on the 4th August sailing and said they've been cancelled today 🤷‍♂️

So it’s seems certain MSC has scrapped Scotland.  I am due to disembark at Greenock on the 28th but hope there is another option aside from full cancellation.  Nothing from TA yet.  Will call tomorrow. 

42 minutes ago, welshy74 said:

So it’s seems certain MSC has scrapped Scotland.  I am due to disembark at Greenock on the 28th but hope there is another option aside from full cancellation.  Nothing from TA yet.  Will call tomorrow. 

Surely they’d have to let us disembark a day early in Liverpool if we wanted to? Unless they’re sure they can sell our cabins for a full week instead I suppose…

• Like 1