Bus Transportation to Cape Liberty, NJ

janeandneil

Your agent needs to add the bus to your booking.

Boston pickup is South Station

Providence pickup point is Bonanza terminal Exit 25 from I95.

There are other pickup points as well.

Call your agent.

You do need to make the arrangements through the travel agent but many of them do not know anything about the buses. I recently was inquiring about booking and was told by an agenet that there were no such buses. (and there are) It is equally frustrating trying to find out specifics- about routes, parking,pickups etc. Last year someone posted an email from celebrity to travel agents that gave more detail- but I haven't been able to locate that post.

Even then you just find out what the routes are- not anything about times or parking. That you have to inquire about directly from the location. Good luck. The buses are run by Academy bus out of New Jersey and I did have some luck getting some information from them.

I will give you what I remember. There are 2 main Ma/Ct routes. One goes from Boston to springfield and then to Hartford then to the port. It may stop elsewhere (Worester???) but I'm not positive. The other route goes from Providence to New Haven and may also stop in Bridgeport and maybe New London as well.

One year we left from Boston the next from Providence. The bus leaves from South Station in Boston. There is parking but it was fairly expensive. You can of course park at one of the t stops and take the t in - or get dropped off. In Providence there is a big lot with plenty of parking. Seems to be relatively safe-0 never heard of any difficulties. We prefered Providence because by swinging out to Springfield the Boston bus is less direct and took longer.

The buses were nice, clean, modern and had video players. It made one stop along the way to get food- although most had pre packed a picnic. Have fun.

When your agent adds the bus, the rez agent will tell them the pickup point and time.

It's a piece of cake.

BTW every email we have gotten from our Celebrity rep on Bermuda has referenced the free bus from New England.

Buses are available from other locations too.. such as PA free, too!

There is a bus from Union Station in Hartford. There is a parking lot across the street but I don't know how secure it is or the cost. Union Station is also the Am-Track station in Hartford.

Where would you be coming from?

SBtS

Here's to swimmin' with bowlegged women........

-- Cpt Quint of The Orca, Amity, USA

Is the bus service actually free? When we used the bus to take us from South Station in downtown Boston to Cape Liberty, there was a charge.

The web page that the link takes you to mentions that bus service is available but makes no mention as to whether or not there is a fee.

we were told the FREE bus was 'sold' out and that there was plenty of room on the PAY bus for 60.00 pp ---its cheaper to drive and park at the port

I think you were told wrong. $60 per person is about what we were charged when we went from Boston to Cape Liberty a few years ago. I suspect that people who read the Celebrity web page, incorrectly assumed that, because no rate was mentioned, the bus ride was free. :(

I just looked into the bus from Wilmington, DE to Cape Liberty and was told that they sometimes offer free service; but not for my sailing. They want $109 per person. The pick up would be the Greyhound bus terminal in downtown Wilmington by the train station.

I just looked into the bus from Wilmington, DE to Cape Liberty and was told that they sometimes offer free service; but not for my sailing. They want $109 per person. The pick up would be the Greyhound bus terminal in downtown Wilmington by the train station.

Since parking at the pier is only $12 a day, and Wilmington is less than a two hour drive from the pier, I assume you'll be driving, rather than taking the bus.

Riandei, where will you be coming from, and will you be coming in the day before? If you are arriving Friday, we'll be happy to have dinner with you (but you'll probably be with your extended family).

Hmm. this is confusing. I was just confirmed for an April 29th cruise, and FREE bus transportation. There are 6 in my party. One is picking up the bus in Washington, and five of us in Phila. It's my understanding that this is a promotion by Celebrity (on Academy bus line) for a limited time. Am I mistaken?

After I had booked a cabin (on/about 2/1) on Zenith's 4/22 cruise to Bermuda , I was browsing CC and read a thread on FREE transportation to Cape Liberty. I contacted Travelocity on 2/9 by email and this was their reply:

We contacted Celebrity regarding your request. They advised that they do

offer the bus transfer from both Hartford & Springfieled. They also

advised, that at this time, that they have a promotion running for

complimentary bus transportaion. The agent we spoke to advised that this

is a limited time promotion.

To add the transfer service, you will need to contact our Customer

Service department at 877-815-5446. We advise calling between 8am - 10pm

EST, when the cruiseline is open.

Regards,

Travelocity Customer Service

On 2/10, I contacted the CS at Travelocity and requested reserved seats on the bus

SBtS

There is usually a charge for the bus service-but also frequent promotions that provide the service at no charge. The promotions are tied to both the specific ships and dates and areas. Last year the bus to NJ for the Zenith was free from MA but charged from other areas- PA I think. Hence the lack of info on the web site. The specials and promotions are given directly to travel agents. You just have to know to inquire- unless you have a really good travel agent.

To the person traveling from southern Maine- how about taking the train down to Boston?? I think it goes right to South Station and then you could just meet the bus. The train is supposed to be really nice.

Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions. I called our TA and my DH and I are booked round trip on the free bus transportation from Boston South Station to Cape Liberty, NJ. Our TA said this was a Celebrity promotion, and our 4/22 sailing qualified. We depart Boston at 9AM. We will leave our vehicle with family in the Boston area, as parking near So. Sta. is very limited. To Blueberry, I have taken the Downeaster many times to Boston. It is an enjoyable trip; but the train arrives at North Sta. You then have to get yourself over to South Sta., either by cab or the T (quite a chore with luggage).

Your agent needs to add the bus to your booking.

Boston pickup is South Station

Providence pickup point is Bonanza terminal Exit 25 from I95.

There are other pickup points as well.

Call your agent.

Hi Babette,

Nice to see you back on a regular basis. Do you know if there is anything offered these days from Philly to Cape Liberty for the Constellation?

I always enjoy your honesty and infinite data base of information.

Do you know if there is anything offered these days from Philly to Cape Liberty for the Constellation?

There should be transportation, since Philly is on one of the bus routes. Why not check with your TA. If it's free, take it: if there's a charge, you may be better off driving to the port.

• 2 weeks later...

I called X to make my final payment last week and the bus is now available ... weird but I just jumped on and figured I could make the decision closer to sail date as to wether to drive or not

Joe and Joan...

we are coming from Cherry Hill NJ

Hi Babette,

Nice to see you back on a regular basis. Do you know if there is anything offered these days from Philly to Cape Liberty for the Constellation?

I always enjoy your honesty and infinite data base of information.

Sorry, no free bus for Constellation sailings.. only Zenith.

I called X to make my final payment last week and the bus is now available ... weird but I just jumped on and figured I could make the decision closer to sail date as to wether to drive or not

Joe and Joan... we are coming from Cherry Hill NJ

Does that mean you'll be taking the bus from Burlington on 5/13, if you decide to take the bus rather than driving? I think that's the only stop in NJ. However you get to the ship, we look forward to seeing you onboard.

When I went to college in Philly (Penn) I spent a lot of time in Cherry Hill.

yes ... burlington is the location for the pickup ... do you know anything about it ?? I was wondering if there is parking there ???

if you are not aware ... I may take a ride up there to look around before hand.

I've lived in Cherry Hill my entire life ... my parents moved here in 1960 before I was born. They are in Mt. Laurel now.

Looking forward to meeting you also.

eileen

Archived