Fort Lauderdale Hotel??

vivalv66

Surfklutz- I see you are from Tampa. I was just searching for a place to stay in Tampa. Thinking about coming down w/DD and going to Busch Gardens in the fall. I know this is off subect for this thread but... What do you know about Sailport Waterfront Suites ?

Thanks,

Jean

I just read on in this forum to stay away from the Sailport Waterfront... apparently it has really gone downhill. They recommend the Chase down the street instead.

If anyone is interested or stuck for a hotel, the 2006 prices are posted for Amerisuites on valuetrips. I believe now thru the end of April the weekend rate is $109. While it's not the Embassy suites, you can cancel your booking if you're able to get lucky last minute on priceline or hotwire

we stayed at the comfort inn airport/cruise port in 10/04. free shuttle to cruise port, and from airport. convenient to shopping center and restaurants, free cooked breakfast. under $100. nice pool. room was ok for 1 nite.

in 10/05, we stayed in the sleep inn, in dania, free shuttle from airport and to cruise port. continental breakfast, with fresh made waffles. very clean, beach about 1 mile away. also close to shopping center and restaurants. nice pool area. under $100.

staff was helpful at both places. either works for a reasonable place, pre or post cruise.

We are sailing out of Port Everglades.

I will probably just book the Embassy suites.

I was just asking to see if there were any other 2 room places around since people had said the embassy was under construction.

I believe the construction will be done before you trip. Maybe someone has more specifics.

Maggie

Archived