Oct 1-4 Navigator to Freedom purgatory

We booked the Oct 1-4 on the Navigator many months ago.  This sailing has since been cancelled and reservations moved to the Freedom, as Navigator is going elsewhere.  Ok... no problem... we are good with that---and I have a B2B, so...no worries.  EXCPET that the first leg of the B2B (Oct 1-4) has yet to change to reflect the Freedom in cruise planner.  The reservation is "locked", to quote Royal, M Bailey's office and our TA, until Mid August, at which time they will move our reservation to reflect the Freedom.  In the meantime we cannot: book shore excursions, check in for the cruise, book drink package, book dining package... Nothing.  Our cruise is in limbo.... Hands are tied.  The cruise price dropped last week... our TA called Royal for us.  She was not allowed to cancel/rebook/or make ANY changed to reservation until mid August.  So... Cruise with Confidence does not work for this sailing as we are locked out of cancelling... we lost out on lower price, sales on excursions, drink pkg and dining package, and have slim chance on snagging the early check in time for the cruise...  Has anyone else had this problem? It seems insane, and poor customer service to have the early birds booking cruise to now be locked out of doing anything having to do with the cruise.  Has anyone scheduled on the Oct 1-4 Freedom been able to check in?? 

Funny thing is.... my 2nd leg of the B2B was moved to the Freedom awhile ago, and I have already checked in and purchased from cruise planner.

Not exactly the same, but similar issues with the switch and can relate to your frustration as I too felt a little penalized by the swap.

I had January Navigator switch to Freedom, so everything cancelled from Cruise Planner and had to rebook (at higher prices). Was told there was nothing that could be done to reinstate original prices.

They've been "Working On The Fun" in the app for (maybe 2 weeks?), but I think I was able to access it not too long ago and everything was good.  I can book things through cruise planner website, but can't access this one only in the app.

After reading your post, I feel fortunate that I can at least access mine, and I hope you can access yours soon. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you, cruizzing. I’m glad to hear things worked out for you!  You are quite fortunate, as I am mostly seeing prices going up in the planner, not down. Hope you have a great trip on the Freedom!!  It’s exciting to get back to sailing!!
I know Royal is juggling a lot of balls... I just wish they handled some things a little better.  If they offer the Cruise with Confidence, they should let you cancel a cruise under its terms. 

• Like 1