Lobster!

scher

well, thats not exactly true. My dh takes me out for Maine lobster once per week and I also buy Maine lobsters at the fish market once per week and have it at home, but I still have and enjoy it on the cruise ships. I just know there will be a difference between the two types of lobster.

Hey Brenda - How are you?

It's definitely not Maine Lobster that they serve on the cruise ships, but we still ate at least 2 servings each at our table anyways. We're from New England and we still enjoyed it.

I have been to Nobu 3 times (talk about fresh fish) and we have some very decent fresh sushi in New Jersey.

FYI, legally there is no such thing as *fresh* raw sushi in the United States of America. Any fish that will be served raw must be frozen at very specific temperatures for very specific amounts of time before it can be served. Kills most of the little uglies that can potentially make you sick. :)

Tracy

Keep in mind that sushi is NOT raw fish, that is sashimi. Sushi refers to anything made with vinegared rice. There are many different pieces of sushi that contain no fish at all.

Yum, California Rolls.

Hey Brenda,

We're good. We leave on the 10th for a short one on the Majesty. That's our 5th, so it will bump us up to Platinum. It's a birthday cruise for Chris. Couldn't beat the price we got a hot deal on this one.

Have a great cruise. Email us when you get back.

Being from New England I know the only way to have good lobster of either type (Maine or Spiney) is to cook them alive, or just seconds dead if you want to be kinder. And since I can not imagine them hiding 4000 live lobsters in the holds, I think I will pass on the lobster on board. Well the fact that during the summer months the resturant 2 miles down the road from me sells Twin maine lobsters (1lb each, or so) served with 1/4lb of your favorite pasta and a salad for $10.99, makes the decision easier for me.;) To all of you cruiser who want lobster take a nice drive up here to Rhode Island and enjoy all the lobster you can stomach and some of the nicest waterfront in the world!

Its too bad that half this thread was hijacked with people arguing over the definition of sushi. Its an interesting thread otherwise.

Being from so far in-land I can't say I've ever tried good fresh Maine lobster, or fresh caviar, or fresh seafood of any kind, so what the cruise ships offer has always tasted great to me! Most fish has been frozen by the time it hits a restaraunt here... otherwise its days old and probably not safe to eat, just because of the logistics of getting it here. So I'll just continue to think that cruise ship lobster is fabulous until I've tried something better that makes me think otherwise. :rolleyes:

Its too bad that half this thread was hijacked with people arguing over the definition of sushi. Its an interesting thread otherwise.

Being from so far in-land I can't say I've ever tried good fresh Maine lobster, or fresh caviar, or fresh seafood of any kind, so what the cruise ships offer has always tasted great to me! Most fish has been frozen by the time it hits a restaraunt here... otherwise its days old and probably not safe to eat, just because of the logistics of getting it here. So I'll just continue to think that cruise ship lobster is fabulous until I've tried something better that makes me think otherwise. :rolleyes:

Great post!:D

Being from New England I know the only way to have good lobster of either type (Maine or Spiney) is to cook them alive' date=' or just seconds dead if you want to be kinder. And since I can not imagine them hiding 4000 live lobsters in the holds, I think I will pass on the lobster on board. Well the fact that during the summer months the resturant 2 miles down the road from me sells Twin maine lobsters (1lb each, or so) served with 1/4lb of your favorite pasta and a salad for $10.99, makes the decision easier for me.;) To all of you cruiser who want lobster take a nice drive up here to Rhode Island and enjoy all the lobster you can stomach and some of the nicest waterfront in the world![/quote']

Was planning on getting up to RI this summer but not sure if I could make it sounds llike a great lobster deal What is the name of the place?I f I get up there I would love to try it.

We are going on Empress and lobster night falls on Aruba day and we will be on a sunset cruise and miss our main seating dinner time in the diningroom--can we show up for the second seating or order lobster through room service? Does anyone know?

Unfortunatly you cannot order lobster through room service and you cannot go to the second seating like that. Now you might be able to change your seating for the entire cruise. I promise you, with all my heart, that you are NOT missing anything by missing the lobster. Seriously.

That said you might be able to work something out with the Maitre D (nothing is unheard of) but if the ship is full there is no way he can do it. There is a Portofino on board, you might want to do that instead.

Seriously, I can never say this enough, you are better off going to Red Lobster before the cruise and eating Lobster there and I don't really like Red Lobster LOL!

Was planning on getting up to RI this summer but not sure if I could make it sounds llike a great lobster deal What is the name of the place?I f I get up there I would love to try it.

Spumoni's Seafood and Italian located on Newport Ave (RT 1A) in Pawtucket, just over the MA line. Enjoy! (Oh BTW the rest of the food is good too and my family of five usually gets out of there for under $50 including tip and drinks!)

Seriously, I can never say this enough, you are better off going to Red Lobster before the cruise and eating Lobster there and I don't really like Red Lobster LOL!

Red Lobster Ewww... They all went out of business in my state... for good reason LOL

While Spumoni's is good, you really have to head into the South County/Newport area to get the true feel.

Go to Jim's Dock or Captain Jacks in East Matunuck. Christies in Newport. Turtle Soup in Narragansett. These will all be great experiences... and best of all, they are all on the water (except for Captain Jacks.. it's about 150-200 yards from the beach).

Spumoni's Seafood and Italian located on Newport Ave (RT 1A) in Pawtucket' date=' just over the MA line. Enjoy! (Oh BTW the rest of the food is good too and my family of five usually gets out of there for under $50 including tip and drinks!)[/quote']

I have relatives by marriage that live in pawtucket. I would be visiting them if I go.

I have relatives by marriage that live in pawtucket. I would be visiting them if I go.

Small world... small state.... small city.... i would say maybe I know them but it really isn't that small:D seriously while the other poster is right it is nice to get the true feeling for seafood, the food at Spumoni's and the like is the same quality as most of those shore side places... we are the ocean state after all even Pawtucket is only 30 min from the shore:D

Archived