Riviera 10008

clairol

I just noticed that we were assigned this suite off of our "guarantee". I was hoping for something to starboard and may ask our TA to keep an eye out if one were to open up - perhaps after our FP date on 8/19 - but I was just wondering if anyone has stayed in 10008. It looks like it is just a bit back from the Bridge above on 11. Is there any interference from Bridge activities? Any peeping crew? Kidding... 😁 We are not concerned about it being far forward as the movement of the boat does not bother us. 

AND, please know, I did do my very best to search the Oceania forum prior to posting... but to no avail. I did come up with two references to 10008 but no real information. So, if you have any real world experience with this specific location or one near, and you would be kind enough to share, we would love to hear it!  

Many thanks in advance. 

Best,

Clare

• Like 1

We’ve stayed there andloved it. It is quiet, located near enough to both the executive lounge and the laundry to be convent but they do not interfere with the cabin. Easy access up the stairs to the pool deck but far enough forward to avoid pool deck noise. We also love it because it is just below the fitness center and spa by elevator which we use a lot. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, HiFi43 said:

We’ve stayed there andloved it. It is quiet, located near enough to both the executive lounge and the laundry to be convent but they do not interfere with the cabin. Easy access up the stairs to the pool deck but far enough forward to avoid pool deck noise. We also love it because it is just below the fitness center and spa by elevator which we use a lot. 

Are you sure you are talking about the same cabin?

Pool deck is  deck 12

cabin in question is deck 10

Sorry, I have stayed on both levels deck 10 & 11…we have been on many Oceania cruises. Everything I said in my earlier posting still holds except that the Executive  Lounge is up one deck and the pool deck is two levels up…fortunately both the stairs and elevators are close so it is easy to get to both from the cabin. Plus we like being toward the front because the nearby elevators go directly down to the lobby and the show theater. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, HiFi43 said:

Sorry, I have stayed on both levels deck 10 & 11…we have been on many Oceania cruises. Everything I said in my earlier posting still holds except that the Executive  Lounge is up one deck and the pool deck is two levels up…fortunately both the stairs and elevators are close so it is easy to get to both from the cabin. Plus we like being toward the front because the nearby elevators go directly down to the lobby and the show theater. 

Thank you, HiFi! Much appreciated. 

Many years ago, when Nautica was brand new -- we were on the fourth 5 day cruise -- we were a couple doors down from the Bridge.  Never heard nothing at all from the Bridge.

We did occasionally hear noise from the pool deck above but it never bothered us very much. (This was mainly furniture being moved.)

Mura