Anyone want to lose 15 to 20 pounds?

Kudos2Fly

Hello.........I'd like to join. I need to lose 15 or 20 lbs by April 2007, or sooner if possible..............:p

Let me introduce myself.....I'm 48, 5' 1 1/2 inches short and around 136. I have been married (to the same man) for 28 years. I'm a nurse and work 12 hour shifts which makes it HARD to eat right and exercise.

Can you'll re-introduce yourselves?

Have any of you lost a fair amount, and how?

I'll try to read the whole thread, but it looks to be a good few hours read.

Hello,

Can you all tell me your honest opinion of using a trampoline for cardio? I have one right beside me that I stopped using because I had some people claim it didn't work. So of course I stopped bouncing :eek: I use to use it because it is soooo convienent for me to do with the kids while they watch tv.

I am the outdoorsy type, but live far from trails to walk that are safe enough for me to get to 5 times a week. There is a great trail that I could get to but I could probably only make it once a week.

Hope you all had a great weekend. :)

Paula

I stopped using because I had some people claim it didn't work.

Tinkerbell, This is what I know about the trampoline.. (A rebounder, or mini trampoline, allows you to stimulate and strengthen every cell in the body simultaneously. Gently jumping up and down on a rebounder for just ten minutes a day stimulates the lymphatic system and increases your metabolism. It is very effective for health and weight loss.) That comes from a book called NATURAL CURES "They" don't want you to know about by Kevin Trudeau.

I have one also and haven't used it in a while.. Your question just reminded me about the trampoline.. I need to start using it more.. If you are using the trapoline as the "main" exercise" you probably will not lose weight. I think you use it along with other exercises..

barbevrn, I'm 32 5'2" at 127 trying to get down to 120 my Dec 16th.. I have been trying to get down to that weight for a while.. I'm hoping to make to my goal by then...

Thanks Kim! My lymphatic system could sure use it. I am a non practicing Integrative Health Pracititioner lol. I worked with a great herbalist and acupuncturist for awhile, but they moved away. When I was in school that is where they introduced me to the rebounder, but then everyone wanted to consider that quacky with everything else I do including ear candles and homeopathy.

However, I still am very much into natural health. I read that you eat a lot of organic food. I try to as much as I can. I live in a rural area, so I get what I can.

Is there a product you would recommend during a cleanse. I have done a lot of cleanses just for health, but I am not sure which are the best for weight loss. I use to juice fast, but my juicer broke and I can't afford one right now. Sorry for all the questions and the long post.

Thanks again,

Paula

Paula My husband and I have only been doing this for about a year now or so. I thought I have always eat pretty well. My husband has done some cleanses in the past and has looked in to alternative medicine. But never felt the need to do it full time.

Now we try to do as much as we can.. We even found a alternative doctor that we will use from now on out. We are the healthest we have been in a long time.

Anyway for the cleanses, I'll get back to you on that.. I'll have to get the information on the cleanse we have..

That best place for organic foods is Publix at least the newer stores. They have section for just organic and natural food. If I can't get what I need there then I order over the internet.

Kim

:) Hello barbevrn,

I am Catherine (sun_seeker) - and a RN. I am 47 y/o weight 163 and 5 foot 7 inches. Per WW (weight watchers) I am at goal for my height and age. I am a lifer at WW and have hit goal May 2001. I would recommend their program. It is user friendly and good for lifetime use.

My husband and I are going on our first cruise in Feb 2007. Are you scheduled for any cruises?

Cath

Hello.........I'd like to join. I need to lose 15 or 20 lbs by April 2007, or sooner if possible..............:p

Let me introduce myself.....I'm 48, 5' 1 1/2 inches short and around 136. I have been married (to the same man) for 28 years. I'm a nurse and work 12 hour shifts which makes it HARD to eat right and exercise.

Can you'll re-introduce yourselves?

Have any of you lost a fair amount, and how?

I'll try to read the whole thread, but it looks to be a good few hours read.

Hello everyone I need to loose pounds to be healthier and before my April 2007 on Carnival Glory so count me in. I am on Nutirsystem and I walk daily. I am 40 years old living in Orlando, Fl. I am 5'2 and need to loose the lbs so count me in.

Karriec The food has been great!! There are a few things I don't like yet for the most part the food is good. Tonight I had a vegetable lasagna which was really good to me and the pizza was the bomb!!! The portions are small yet that is what it is about learning to eat in moderation......

Well I'm staying below 130. Now I'm about 128.5. I'm still working on getting down to 120. So nothing new to report. The only thing is I'm at a new level. I just need to get down to 125.

I hope everyone else is doing well.

Kim

Hi All

Kim - congrats on the "new low"! :D

Welcome to all the newcomers. I am SWAMPED right now with the Holiday revue my theatre group does every year. All my free time is taken up with rehearsals, working on the program layout or going to the gym. If I don't post for the next four weeks - that is why! I'll try to read every now & then, so Happy Thanksgiving for now & I hope to be back before Christmas!

Sha

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm back, but no good news to report. I haven't gone down to 125 yet. But haven't gone above 130. I stay around 128-129 every morning when I weigh.

So I'm at a stand still now. But I have been snacking more then I should and on things I shouldn't be eating. Like candy bars :eek: so I need to stop that. Also I need to increase my exercising. I have been doing that, but not every day which I would like to do at least 4 or 5 days a week.

I'm at 129 now I would like to lose a couple of inches before the cruise. But don't think I'll do that.

Does anyone know how many pounds equal to an inch?

Kim

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like people haven't been that active on this thread. Although that could be because of the holidays :rolleyes: either way I hope everyone has a good Christmas. I'll be back on to my weight lose after our cruise and the New Years.

I plan to go back on to weight lose which I have been doing.. Anyways everyone have a good Christmas..

• 3 weeks later...

Well I'm back from my cruise. We had a great time!! But now I'm back to real life now... Plus Christmas is done. Only one more holiday to go, New Years..

That one shouldn't be to bad..

I'm back to exercising now. I weight my self. I'm at 134 now. So I need to get back down to 130.. I don't have any more vacations we are going on, at least not big ones. But I do have a goal of getting down to 120 by March for a wedding. So I'm making that my new goal..

I hope everyone is having a good holiday. I would like to hear from some people.. Hopefully this thread will keep going...

Kim

I seems like I have spent my life trying to loose weight or at least maintaining it. At just 5 feet, its not easy!

I'm facing a big challenge next year--we have a 13 day TransAtlantic followed by 3 weeks in Spain and Italy. We will return on the QM 2 (7 days at sea). I'm currently 120 pounds (62 years old) and I guess I should shed about 5 pounds before I leave.

Any Ideas or suggestions??

Looks like you will be leaving on your trip in less then 4 months. You should be able to lose 5 pounds by then. Just whatch what you eat and exercise.

My problem is the length of the trip. You probably "really" need to eat normally like you do at home. I know being on a 7 day cruise I gained about 3 pounds. I wasn't really whatching what I eat either, because I knew I would be home and back to eating normally.

When on the cruise I would eat as normal as possible and exercise! Other then that have fun...

Kim

• 3 weeks later...

Well I'm back... How is everyone. I think this board in dying.. I'll make one more post. I haven' posted in a while. But I'm back to losing weight. I was down with my mom helping her out with some stuff for a couple of weeks. So I wasn't on my way of eating at all. But I didn't do to bad. But I'm glad Im back at my place.. I have weighted my self but I will in a few days..

Kim

• 3 weeks later...

Hate to post here but, seen you had same cabin on Destiny that I am in for April cruise and have been needing to know if there is a sofa in there or not, and if it has a fridge? Do u have any pics of the room and balcony?

Sorry about posting here again....

Archived