Abbott test for kids under 12?

B4RK3R

Does anyone know if the Emed Abbots antigen test is accepted for kids under 12. The carnival website (and also John Heald Facebook post) says that unvaccinated guests need to have a PCR test, but then also states that a rapid test through Emed or Optum is accepted for all guests if completed correctly. 

So what is it? Can a kid under 12 use a rapid test or does he need to go to CVS and get a PCR and hope it's back in time for embarkation?

5 minutes ago, B4RK3R said:

Does anyone know if the Emed Abbots antigen test is accepted for kids under 12. The carnival website (and also John Heald Facebook post) says that unvaccinated guests need to have a PCR test, but then also states that a rapid test through Emed or Optum is accepted for all guests if completed correctly. 

So what is it? Can a kid under 12 use a rapid test or does he need to go to CVS and get a PCR and hope it's back in time for embarkation?

Unvaccinated need a PCR test before arriving at the port. Abbots is for vaccinated passengers to use because it is an antigen test. Under 12 would fall under needing PCR unless for some reason they have been vaccinated.  

10 hours ago, matymil said:

Its been pretty cut and dry from the start. All kids under 12 need the PCR test and they still have 3 days to do it not 2.

Until you read John Healds post which says an antigen quick test is approved for unvaccinated, and in the carnival website which says an unvaccinated individual will need an antigen test to get on the boat... Clear as mud.

Either way, I'll schedule my child a PCR and hope the results come in on time. At this time it doesn't appear to be a problem.

Edited by B4RK3R

14 hours ago, B4RK3R said:

Until you read John Healds post which says an antigen quick test is approved for unvaccinated, and in the carnival website which says an unvaccinated individual will need an antigen test to get on the boat... Clear as mud.

Either way, I'll schedule my child a PCR and hope the results come in on time. At this time it doesn't appear to be a problem.

Where did you see that? I watched his live video as he was making the announcement and double checked his post after he made the video (because we have to get a test for our son) and i never saw anything about antigen tests for kids. Id post a screen shot if i could, either way its still a PCR test with a 3 day window.