On-board PCR testing for Canadians

snoope

As Canadians, we need a PCR test to return home. I have read where people have stated that they have got these tests done on board prior to disembarkation. The Royal site says they provide testing but it doesn't specifically say PCR testing. I called Royal - they don't have an answer. After escalation they just tell me that the info will be provided on board. So while all seems well, I want to do my due diligence. Can anyone point to where this is in print on the Royal website or even a Royal email confirming this? We sail Oct 3rd out of FLL and are a little bit concerned.

PS. Telling me your stories how you got your test on board would also help me feel better too!

I will see if I still have the letter when we boarded. They are performing PCR tests tomorrow for Canadians on the Adventure. As far as I know it is complementary. 

We are traveling to Mexico via the US and only required an Antigen test. It was easy.

• Like 1

Somewhere on the boards, back in August, one family went on Odyssey and they said they got tested the last night around 6:00 and had their results by 8:00.  They got PCR tests and it was fine for entry into Canada.

I was on the Celebrity Equinox on August 27 and they gave us our test for free the second last night and we got our results on the last night.  We had to call and sign up in advance.  They did ask me if I really needed a PCR test and if Antigen was fine and I had to tell them PCR was required and it was no problem.

I note the Royal site says that kids are going to get PCR tests, which means they have the ability to do it.

This thread may be helpful, I'm guessing they were tested, but I haven't read it all.

Edited by AlbertaCruisers

19 minutes ago, snoope said:

Agreed - I don't like that "may" either. But also note it doesn't mention PCR specifically. 

I'm not sure if it helps you, but we are trying to have a back up plan in case testing doesn't work out.  Celebrity's website says the tests will be provided, and they did actually provide us a PCR test, but we are worried about what happens if that policy changes.  Also, Don, one of the uTube bloggers was on Edge in the Summer, his test was set for the last night, but they ended up having a number of positive cases show up that night and they moved him to debarkation morning and then they lost his test and he missed his flight.  For that reason, we have booked to stay in Fort Lauderdale the day we get off the ship and fly out the next day.  That is what we did for our August 27 cruise, and the test we got on Celebrity was fine for our flight (close, but within the 72 hour requirement).  In this way, if Celebrity changes its policy or something went wrong, we would hopefully have time to get a rapid test on the departure day and fly out the next day.  The airport does rapid PCR tests with results in 45 minutes (I think it said?) for $159 and  have this place booked marked, just in case: https://fasttestnow.com/booking.php.

This was provided to us on day one. We created an account using the QR code and put in our info and made an appointment. Got our Antigen results on the app a couple hours later and that night we got a hard copy.

The 1st leg of our B2B we had the test on Friday before turn around day. Our recent test was performed yesterday with a negative result. Canadians onboard have indicated that they go tomorrow for PCR test. I'll see if I can find out more.