Personal Property on excursions

Yancey_Elsa

Where do you store your personal property when you are on an excursion that involves water? Are there lockers on the beach where you can lock up your wallet and/or purse?:confused: I do not want to leave these things sitting on the beach while I am out having fun.

Oooh, I'm so glad you asked this question! I've been wondering the exact same thing. My DH and I are going to be swimming with the dolphins and I can't imagine that the dolphins have waterproof pockets. Anybody with insight, please let us know.

You can find waterproof wallets at places like Magellan's:

http://www.magellans.com/store/Wallets__Purses___Totes___Security_WalletsSV834?Args=

They also sell waterproof plastic containers that will hold your cards and some money and go around your neck. Most beaches will not have lockers. I also purchase a disposable underwater camera to take with me to the beaches.

Where do you store your personal property when you are on an excursion that involves water? Are there lockers on the beach where you can lock up your wallet and/or purse?:confused: I do not want to leave these things sitting on the beach while I am out having fun.

I'm glad you posed this question here on the boards. When going ashore you should know the following as a first time cruiser.

1. Do not travel in unchartered areas not recommended by the cruise line.

2. Take ashore only what is required for your particular excursion.

3. Place your money in a waterproof wallet or container. (You can purchase these at a luggage/travel store or on the ship)

4. Travel in groups or with other cruise pax on the same excursion. This way, you can have someone watch your belongings if you want to go in the water or buy a drink at the beach bar.

5. Always make sure you have your Sail & Sign card with you when you debark at each port as well as a copy of your passport or birth certificate and photo I.D. It is required for leaving and returning to the ship.

6. DO NOT USE BEACH LOCKERS OR LEAVE ANYTHING YOU BRING ON AN EXCURSION UNATTENDED. SEE #4.

Hope this helps.

jcruise

• 2 weeks later...

I came across the "aqua pac" on a website and I am in love! Go to LLBean.com do search for "aqua pac" and you will be given a few options! You can choose from a few different sizes -- in case you travel w/ a PDA, iPod, Walkie Talkie, cell phone -- pick the size for your needs!

You wear the waterproof pouch around your neck (or wrist) while in the water (it lays flat against your chest/stomach as you swim or snorkel) and your money and neccessities are safe!

jcruise67... If we have our S&S card, why do we need our passports and other ID when we leave the ship? (newbe here) doesn't the S&S card have all of that info on it? and do I want that important info left on the ship just in case I should lose my "purse"? :)

Cozumel is the only port I can think of where we needed a photo ID (driver's license worked fine) plus our ship card to get back on board, but there may be more. It won't hurt to take copies of your passport/birth certificate, but I never have.

Try not to take too much 'stuff' on excursions--leave the valuables on the ship (in the safe) and just take what you think you'll actually use. If you are on the beach, use a water wallet, as mentioned earlier, or some men's swim suits have built in zipper pockets, for money, credit cards, and ships cards and don't worry if you leave your towel, shoes, cover-up, etc. on the beach. It's doubtful anyone will bother things like that. I don't usually take our good camera to the beach, just disposables, unless I know we will always have some one sitting with it--and then keep it in something waterproof We have had two cameras ruined by water at beaches! Otherwise I can't think of anything so valuable I'd have along that I'd worry about losing it.

On excursions, the buses, vans or boats are generally safe to leave things on while you are off the vehicle. We've never had a problem with that. On your own, be careful and aware and don't go off the beaten path.

Archived