Brilliance of the Seas Panama Canal Pics

Jtd724

Thanks for the photos! I'll be doing the same itinerary this Friday and can't wait. Question for the canal: What is the best place to view the entry from the canal (i.e. where were you) and what time do you have to get there to get such a good spot?

Best place to view the canal IMO is in the absolute front, where the helicopter pad is, we passed thru around 6-7am, could be different for you though. we got up about an hour away from the canal to ensure we weren't stuck behind people getting only glimpses of the good stuff. My cabin was the first level of cabins, and closest to the glass elevators, the balcony is huuuuge and yet we paid same price for a standard cabin, had 2 layout chairs and 3 sitting chairs and plenty of room to spare, it was the best balcony ever especially for the price. Weather was great, had one day at sea which was the roughest I ever experience but fun nonetheless, 20-30 foot waves slamming the ship, I loved it though, we were rock n rollin that day. Cruise was February 04, 10 day. My only gripe, there is a huge difference in age once beyond 7 day cruises, i would say 85 percent or maybe 90% were over 65-70 years old, nevertheless I had a great time, just a little more laid back. I just finished adding my cruise from 2003 on Adventure of the Seas, please enjoy.

JTD724,

Thanks so much for posting the pics. We are doing the 10 day in April. We had planned to watch the cruise thru the canal from our balcony. From what you posted above, it seems that's not a good idea. We are on the 9th deck and I thought it would be convenient to watch from our balcony. What do you think?

I really couldn't tell you, I did not experience in it that way. You will see the sides and all but I think you will miss the approach view and the view of the gates opening. It is totally up to you. IMO, I would like to be up front watching the whole process work. My stateroom was on the first level of balcony staterooms closest to the glass elevators, the outward leaning glass makes the 2 rooms closest have stretched balconies, the closest has the biggest of all, while the second is quite small but still larger then others.

We will be on this cruise on Friday 24th. We have deck 10 aft and are looking forward to the canal as well. Been to Aruba and Caymen several times. I am mostly looking forward to warm weather, and days at sea. It is 11 degrees here today! Thanks for posting photos.

Archived