Sail Safe Policies

dszrew

Might be old news for many, but was browsing through their policies, thinking it was just touting the cleanliness measures, but turns out to cover several situations where cancellation or cutting the cruise short is covered:

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/sites/default/files/2021-09/sailf-safe-health-program-v16.pdf

Highlights for me:

• Refund or FCC if positive test within 2 weeks of sailing

• If test to get off required or test to fly home, included by Oceania

• Cover covid treatment, quarantine, and trip home not covered by insurance or if denied

• Prorated refund or FCC if must quarantine or leave ship

When this all started they had an "assurance" program of if you booked a cruise by a certain date you could cancel up to x days before sailing if necessary. I never saw what replaced that. I like these policies--as long as they don't change. I've seen many other lines change their policies with little notice, claiming first to cover the covid testing, then not. No mention here of when the policies expire, and this is version 16 of the document. 

I'm hoping that after final payment the policy published at that time remains and will not be changed by Oceania.

1 hour ago, dszrew said:

Might be old news for many, but was browsing through their policies, thinking it was just touting the cleanliness measures, but turns out to cover several situations where cancellation or cutting the cruise short is covered:

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/sites/default/files/2021-09/sailf-safe-health-program-v16.pdf

Highlights for me:

• Refund or FCC if positive test within 2 weeks of sailing

• If test to get off required or test to fly home, included by Oceania

• Cover covid treatment, quarantine, and trip home not covered by insurance or if denied

• Prorated refund or FCC if must quarantine or leave ship

When this all started they had an "assurance" program of if you booked a cruise by a certain date you could cancel up to x days before sailing if necessary. I never saw what replaced that. I like these policies--as long as they don't change. I've seen many other lines change their policies with little notice, claiming first to cover the covid testing, then not. No mention here of when the policies expire, and this is version 16 of the document. 

I'm hoping that after final payment the policy published at that time remains and will not be changed by Oceania.

Actually - very old news (both the SailSafe vaccination specifics and removal [months ago] of the “assurance policy” link. Of course, if you deposited a future cruise while the “assurance policy” was on the web, you are still protected by whatever version was active at your deposit time.

With the everchanging Covid issues, policies, etc, it is so very important that anyone with a booked cruise has copied the T&Cs, Ticket Contract, Invoice, SailSafe FAQs, etc in effect at time of fare deposit.
Even though O has CYA statements everywhere saying they can change things, these various items will come in handy if you end up in a refund “whizzing match.”