Marysol Tours _ is the walk safe to port gate?

lucyjlou

I’m interested in booking a tour with them on our December Horizon cruise. It says it’s about a 15 minute walk to the port gates and you have to exit the port area. My question was is this area safe and is the guide usually there waiting? We don’t want to be stuck standing in a unsafe area waiting

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/14/2021 at 10:36 AM, lucyjlou said:

I’m interested in booking a tour with them on our December Horizon cruise. It says it’s about a 15 minute walk to the port gates and you have to exit the port area. My question was is this area safe and is the guide usually there waiting? We don’t want to be stuck standing in a unsafe area waiting

It was about a 15 minute walk and completely safe. You walk through the Welcome Station (where the Carnival cruise busses are parked), to the end of the parking lot (there is a sidewalk and you must use the crosswalk or they will nicely ask you to), through a gate. Once you make it through the gate, you will walk towards the left side of the driveway and meet your guide.

There are other tour guides on the right side of the driveway. Marysol Tours parks on the left side.

We did the Puerto Plata City Beach tour and loved it. We could have done without the visit to the "Larimar Factory" as it was nothing spectacular - just a place for them to push sales on low quality items.

The Macroix Rum Tour was great. Prices on alcohol was very cheap (but the shop at the port was slightly cheaper).

On 11/23/2021 at 11:58 AM, V_V said:

We did the Puerto Plata City Beach tour and loved it. We could have done without the visit to the "Larimar Factory" as it was nothing spectacular - just a place for them to push sales on low quality items.

The Macroix Rum Tour was great. Prices on alcohol was very cheap (but the shop at the port was slightly cheaper).

Thank you for the info!  I have now booked with them as well.  I am hoping all goes well!  🙂  

• Like 1

On 11/26/2021 at 5:37 AM, frenchmeg said:

Hi!

Glad to hear it was safe and you enjoyed! What beach did you go to? enough time at the beach?

thks!

I will see if I can find the name of the beach. I don't think we really had enough time there to enjoy it. We stuck our feet in and took some photos. You do get back to the port with a couple hours left (maybe more if you can get them to skip the Larimar Factory, lol) and could probably visit the beach near the port. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 11/30/2021 at 9:30 AM, V_V said:

I will see if I can find the name of the beach. I don't think we really had enough time there to enjoy it. We stuck our feet in and took some photos. You do get back to the port with a couple hours left (maybe more if you can get them to skip the Larimar Factory, lol) and could probably visit the beach near the port. 

Hi do you remember how many people were on your tour?  is it a large bus or a van?  ty

On 2/10/2022 at 5:57 AM, jbiker said:

Hi do you remember how many people were on your tour?  is it a large bus or a van?  ty

They picked us up in a small hotel shuttle type van but that particular day we happened to be the only people to book the tour so there were only 4 of us. I'm not sure if they have different vehicles. Francisco is very responsive if you email him (using the contact us section on their website).

• 2 months later...