Splendor of the Seas -which cabin?

We are going to be taking a cruise from Venice in 07' and wanted to know if there are any must have rooms? We just enjoyed an L shaped room with a bigger balcony on the Triumph (Carnival). Does the Splendour have any rooms that are a good deal and that must be swooped up before they are gone?

Thanks!!

My husband and I were on the Splendour last September on a Mediterranean cruise out of Barcelona. We had a junior suite (8582) in the aft portion on the ship and it was fabulous. Although the cabin is the same size as any other junior suite cabin, the balcony was the highlight. Much deeper than the side cabins and the view of the wake is grand.

We sailed on the Splendour in 2004 in cabin 8080 (aft). The balconies are much larger than on the sides of the ship. We are sailing again on the Splendour in March and have cabin 8580 - same type of cabin on the opposite side of the ship. The cabins themselves are plenty roomy, with good storage space. The aft balconies accomodate two chaise lounges.

sounds like the balcony will be great.. sailing to Lisbon in April and looking forward to a larger balcony. Would you have upgraded to the GS or was the aft JS good enough?

If you're being particular (which I've been known to be on occasion:rolleyes: ), if the option is a JS on the stern (8080-8580 on the deck plans) vs the GS, I would keep the JS. If its a side JS, though, I would consider upgrading because I like to sit in a lounge chair on my own private balcony, and the side JS balconies won't accomodate them. The GS will. But I would only do that if the price was right, and only you can tell how much the larger balcony is worth to you.

On the Vision-class ships (except for Enchantment, which added some stuff during her stretch) there is no Concierge Club, which IMHO is the best full suite perk, and no specialty restaurants, skating rink or other item that the Concierge could help you with. The JS should allow you to have priority embarkation. I think that the GS will have priority disembarkation as well, but otherwise about the only perk you'll get is a robe & slippers (which you'll get if you're Platinum C&A or if your cabin steward is allowed to bend the rules) and some canapes in your cabin ever now & then.

Archived