Adventure Ocean - how strict are they on age?

I am taking my kids on Odyssey of the Seas on a 7-night Greek Isles cruise in early June 2022.  My daughters will be 2 & 4 (birthdays will be 1 week after the cruise is over).  My 2yo will be fully potty trained and can keep up with her sister.  I think that Adventure Ocean Babies will be too boring for her, and she would do so much better in the 3-5yo AO Juniors club, with her big sister.  

My question is this: Is the staff in AO super super strict on age?  Like if there's not too many kids on board, is there a chance they will let my 2 kids in AO together, provided she is potty trained?  The cruise is from June 5-12, and the 3rd birthday is on June 20th.  

Thanks so much!

My experience in the past is if they are that close to being the age for the next group up they will let them, especially when there is a sibling involved. It will totally be up to the them and may depend somewhat on how many kids but I'd say you have a great chance.

• Like 1

While they often let a child "age up" to go from the 3-5 into the 6-8 or other group, I don't think that there is any accomodation at all for a child who is not 3 by the first day of the cruise. I believe this is for insurance purposes and they are very strict about this. So no, I don't think you have any chance at all that your daughter will be allowed in Adventure Ocean. She will have to stay in the nursery and you will have to pay by the hour for her to be there. 

• Like 1

They won't let a 2 year old age up to 3 -5 ( My son was one week shy of being 3 in 2019 and they wouldn't move him up) but they will allow a 5.5 year old move to the older group ( this has happened in August and October for us so my youngest can be with his 2 older siblings).