Starboard cigarette smoke smell on Deck 9 balconies?

MJfromCA

We are booking our first Seabourn cruise, on Quest (Montreal to NYC) forward starboard Deck 9 PH cabin (921). Does the cigarette smoke from the starboard SkyBar smoking area waft to those balconies or rooms when the ship is not moving? If we are fairly sensitive to cigarette smoke, would it help to switch to the Deck 9 port side or maybe Deck 10 instead, or should we not worry about this?

Thanks for any help on this from experienced Seabourners!

-- MJ

its not possible the smoke to travel down and then forward while at sea, it just goes up and backwards and the dividers between balconies make it impossible to bother you in port apart from cabin 921 being too far from smoking area.

I suppose smoke could bother you in the balcony only if coming from a neighbouring cabin.

On 11/18/2021 at 6:27 PM, MJfromCA said:

We are booking our first Seabourn cruise, on Quest (Montreal to NYC) forward starboard Deck 9 PH cabin (921).

Hi MJ: we had Cabin 923 (next cabin back from 921) on the Odyssey a few years back and we never noticed a thing. I tend to be smoke sensitive, so this should not be an issue for you. 

Enjoy your trip. jdk

I had a chain smoker in the stateroom forward (upwind) of me on my last Seabourn Quest cruise - I guess he decided the rules didn't apply to him......... 

I'm also very sensitive to smoke, so I called Guest Services every time I noticed him out there, and I wanted to enjoy my balcony without the awful smell.

They sent housekeeping each time, but it took 5-10 minutes for them to arrive, so he managed to evade them for the first few times. Eventually they just ended up talking to him, when he admitted he had been smoking out there, but he thought it was okay since he stopped whenever he heard someone in the balcony beside him.

I  was very happy with how Seabourn handled this awkward situation - keeping me informed of what they were doing, but also making it clear to this idiot that he needs to smoke in a designated area only.

It ended up being another fantastic cruise with Seabourn - hopefully you don't have this sort of neighbour on your cruise, but be reassured that Seabourn will help you if you do!

• Like 1

Good to know, jdk-atlga, thank you! Many people aren't bothered by a little smoke, but I am unfortunately quite sensitive, so it is great to hear from someone the next suite over. Can I ask how you liked your choice of that cabin and that deck?

Thanks for the tip, canuckcruzingirl, and glad to hear SB handled it well! I hadn't thought how this could be an issue anywhere on the ship. Hopefully not on our cruise, but I'll follow your advice if so.

We are really looking forward to trying Seabourn. Little things can always come up during a cruise, which we understand and still have a great time. We're just trying to work around potentially bigger issues for us ahead of time, to maximize our chances of loving the cruise and Seabourn.

-- MJ