Just back off Splendour 2/13 Trip

melball30

This was our first cruise with RCCI, and we loved it :) - our last cruise was with Carnaval Ecstacy and was not fun. :(

The ship (Splendour) is just beautiful......colors are subdued not like Vegas threw up on the ship. Rooms were bigger than Carnaval's and laid out better. We actually met out stateroom attendant, Dicson - which we never saw on Carnaval. The dining room (King & I) was nicely decorated in an Asian theme, but still subdued and not too loud. Our waitress was Gloria and she rocked! The Head Waiter in our sections was Hans and he was very funny and accomodating. When we arrived, our table for 8 was messed up but I got that fixed quickly (although the maiter'd was upset with me because I took care of the problem myself :eek: ). The food was good....we mostly ate in the dining room.....may have had a little more selection choice (and portion size) in the Windjammer Cafe'.

Our port was changed from Cozumel to Play Del Carmen. This was ok as we have heard Coz is not up to 100% yet after the hurricane. Playa was a good time - we went on the beach break to Pelicanos Beach Club - you can rent waveriders, kayaks are free, and they have massages and henna tattoos and braiding you can get done on the beach. They include open bar and/or lunch - we did not chose the lunch option, but you can buy food at the restaurant directly. The prices were about the same and we had more choices doing this rather than prepaying for lunch. I had fun and did not do much there but there was lots of people watching to do....Beware: prices at the local store at the beach club were outrageous! Save your money for town!

If you go to Costa Maya, I suggest going to Majahaul. Cat's Meow cafe was nice and clean - owned by a nice Canadian lady building a hotel there. Cheap buckets of beer and good baked goods!! Prices here (town)were much cheaper than anywhere so you may want to save your money for this port! Some friends did the Boat Blast here and had a good time as well. Others did the day fishing trip and enjoyed it as well. The night we left Costa Maya the seas were ROUGH ( I suggest you take BONINE Tablets;) ) but the next day was sunny and beautiful! Weather in both ports was excellent! We did come back to this 20 degree Texas weather.....:mad: Who ordered this???

Thanks for the review, we leave on the Splendour in a few weeks. Can you answer some additional questions please?

Who and how was the entertainment?

Who was the Cruise Director?

How was your dining table "messed up" and how did you fix it?

Loved the "Vegas threw up" comment, very descriptive,

Smooth Sailings.

Do not miss the Quest! Cooking demonstration on the 5th day.

Drew Divine was the cruise director.

Entertainment the first night was Comedian David Orion---good

2nd - RCCL Singers & Dancers in Dancin' thru the Movies ---good

3rd - Singer & Entertainer Elaine Lesley -- didn't care too much for her

4th - RCCL Singers & Dancers in Jump Jivin' Swing ---good

5th -- The artistry of Florescence and the skill & comedy of Los Pampas Gauchos (from Australia) I thought they were good but others didn't agree.

We enjoyed all of the shows except 3rd night. Too mellow for us

Archived