E1 cabin Vs. D1 cabin

bellaluv

E and D are identical TYPES of cabins - small shower in small bathroom, regular closet, no extra amenities (toiletries) in bathroom, unless you are Platinum or Diamond Crown & Anchor members. Once you hit JS, the closet is larger, the bathroom is larger, and it has a bathtub.

We've been in both. The D1 is a larger cabin.

While it's true that cabin sizes may vary from ship to ship, I believe you'll only find E1 cabins on Radiance, Voyager and now Freedom class ships, so there's not a lot of varrience.

The D1 is a nicer cabin IMO and I can really feel that little bit of extra room. In the sitting area of the D1, there is a couch that will comfortably seat two people. In the E1 there is a love seat and two people who aren't skinny might feel a little crowded. In the D1 cabin, the sofa was actually a queen size sofa sleeper.

Essentially the D1 has just a little more leg room but, it's enough to make if feel like you can stretch out a little if you've been in both styles of cabins. However, we did just fine for our 12 night Med cruise in the E1 so, if there's a lot of difference in price I have no problem with the E1. If there's very little difference in price I'll book the D1.

We've been in both. The D1 is a larger cabin.

While it's true that cabin sizes may vary from ship to ship, I believe you'll only find E1 cabins on Radiance, Voyager and now Freedom class ships, so there's not a lot of variance.

The D1 is a nicer cabin IMO and I can really feel that little bit of extra room. In the sitting area of the D1, there is a couch that will comfortably seat two people. In the E1 there is a love seat and two people who aren't skinny might feel a little crowded. In the D1 cabin, the sofa was actually a queen size sofa sleeper.

Essentially the D1 has just a little more leg room but, it's enough to make if feel like you can stretch out a little if you've been in both styles of cabins. However, we did just fine for our 12 night Med cruise in the E1 so, if there's a lot of difference in price I have no problem with the E1. If there's very little difference in price I'll book the D1.

There is a little more variation than that implies, though. The Voyager, Explorer and Adventure have cabins exactly the same size, but there are differences when you go to Mariner and Navigator. They also made some changes after Radiance and Brilliance, when they built Serenade and Jewel.

But the bottom line is, D cabins have some more square footage than E cabins on the same ship. If you want a larger closet, bigger bathroom, and a bathtub, and a larger balcony, (if you leave aft cabins out of the equation), get the JS. If there are just two of you, pick your cabin based on what you can afford/are willing to pay, and location of cabin on the ship.

Is that really true? That you receive the better toiletries as a Diamond member? Because our cabin steward apparently didn't read that part when we were on Mariner in a D-1. Robes yes, toiletries, no. But we have received them in suites. We are in an E-1 on Serenade, and had one on Brilliance. To be perfectly honest, I didn't notice much difference size wise between the two. I would actually say that the E-1 on Radiance class "felt" a little larger.:)

If Diamond members do get the better toiletries....here come those special requests again.:D

Is that really true? That you receive the better toiletries as a Diamond member? Because our cabin steward apparently didn't read that part when we were on Mariner in a D-1. Robes yes, toiletries, no. But we have received them in suites. We are in an E-1 on Serenade, and had one on Brilliance. To be perfectly honest, I didn't notice much difference size wise between the two. I would actually say that the E-1 on Radiance class "felt" a little larger.:)

If Diamond members do get the better toiletries....here come those special requests again.:D

One thing I've found about RCI is that the are Reliably Consitantly Inconsitant. You may have been supposed to recieve upgraded toiletries but didn't or, maybe you're not supposed to receive them but the other poster did.

Sailed on the Sovereign 12/27/05.....Platinum, but in a JS = got upgraded stuff in bathroom. Sailed on the Sovereign 1/23/06, but in OV..................Diamond........got upgraded stuff in bathroom.

Archived