Testing before returning to U.K.

Hope everyone got on safely for the 13th/14th cruises.  It would be great if you could let us know how it all went,  before you got on, during the cruise and after you get off.  Not that I am rushing you off, but looking forward to getting on on the 28th. 😀 Thank you, and have a great cruise!

21 minutes ago, lovetoholiday said:

Hope everyone got on safely for the 13th/14th cruises.  It would be great if you could let us know how it all went,  before you got on, during the cruise and after you get off.  Not that I am rushing you off, but looking forward to getting on on the 28th. 😀 Thank you, and have a great cruise!

I’m one of those who boarded on the 13th and frankly it was a complete shambles! I waited in a queue for around an hour to complete a two minute check in process. 2 / 3 people were checking people in with a break in between each person. As for the fit to fly test, that was only checked at the boarding stage so was completely meaningless. The checkin staff could not recognise the NHS proof of vaccination letter. 
All in all the second and last Marella cruise I will go on and I’m not the only person on this cruise I have spoken to who feels the same. 
I truly hope you have a better experience.

Just for clarity …the outbound ‘fit to fly’ *is* just for boarding the boat …it’s a Marella requirement, so you did not require it before then. You don’t need it for entering Spain if you are fully vaccinated.

Do you know why they did not recognise your NHS paper copy?  Had you re-downloaded or got re-sent the letter since they updated the barcode for European  compliance a few weeks ago?  Or was it an older copy you had?