Hilton FL Marina

Mapomp

Has anyone stayed here recently? Ive seen it suggested, but the reviews are really mixed.  I'm thinking 3 nights pre-cruise in early January.  If not here, then where?

Thank you so much for your help.

Mary Alice

We stayed there for 2 nights before our last cruise (December 2019). We enjoyed it. It was clean. Its not in the heart of everything but there were a few restaurants and grocery stores (walkable).

The restaurant had yummy (but overpriced) food.

• Like 1

We were there 2 weeks ago, decent hotel , I liked being able to see the cruise ship when we woke from our balcony, restaurant was outside which is fine with good weather also no wait staff you needed to place your order at the bar , outside bar had most of the barstools blocked off. 

I've stayed here multiple times, I like it pre-cruise because if you have a bridge view room you can see the ship arrive in the morning which is fun. Watching the bridge go up and down is strangely fascinating too!

Walkable to grocery store, several good restaurants. Shuttle to beach. Water Taxi stop right there (check for happy hour sale pricing)

They treat Hilton status (Gold/Diamond) guests well. And they are totally hit or miss on upgrades, rooms etc. The renovated rooms are nice. It's a big hotel and honestly I have seen people there complaining like crazy fools and they have *mostly* very obviously been ready to be unhappy about everything, so I would take a bunch of the complaints being a grain of salt. The last time I was there this summer I booked a basic roommate got upgraded to the top floor corner.  

The Hilton FL Beach Resort is definitely nicer, however it's a much higher price point. I feel like some of the complainers also don't understand that you get what you pay for, and for that the Marina Hilton does a good job. It's a solid hotels but it's not really upscale. It gets some partiers at times.  I like the pool, location, easy access to port. 

• Like 2