New Years Cruise Mexican Riviera out of LA

jesstree

Need help ladies. I'm about to get on the NCL Bliss for a New Years cruise. I'm super excited. Planning on dressing up two nights, and then nice casual the other nights. My main question is what is weather like? Is it strappy dress weather or sweater weather at night?

I have my days figured out since we will be very active. 

I live in Texas so I'm a bit of lizard and enjoy the heat. I did live in San Diego for almost 4 years, and I remember it being quite cool at night in the winter. Is it also cool at night down past Cabo? Any help or wardrobe examples are appreciated. Also have a grade schooler with me. I was planning bring a mix of leggings and skorts for her. She hates dress but loves skirts and skorts.

Thank you,

Jessica

Nights in san Diego will be quite chilly, will usually get warmer as you head south. Suggest some type of jacket or wrap for the dress. assume inside areas will be relatively warm, outside will be cool at night even in Mexico. Being a New Years cruise, suspect many will be dressed up in the  evenings. Hope you tell us about the cruise .

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2021 at 12:38 PM, jesstree said:

Need help ladies. I'm about to get on the NCL Bliss for a New Years cruise. I'm super excited. Planning on dressing up two nights, and then nice casual the other nights. My main question is what is weather like? Is it strappy dress weather or sweater weather at night?

I have my days figured out since we will be very active. 

I live in Texas so I'm a bit of lizard and enjoy the heat. I did live in San Diego for almost 4 years, and I remember it being quite cool at night in the winter. Is it also cool at night down past Cabo? Any help or wardrobe examples are appreciated. Also have a grade schooler with me. I was planning bring a mix of leggings and skorts for her. She hates dress but loves skirts and skorts.

Thank you,

Jessica

the nights have been cold here...  but inside the ship you should be fine...  maybe a nice wrap if you want to go on deck...

Just did HAL Thanksgiving week out of San Diego... yes, once past Cabo it definitely warmed up but nights out on the balcony were still a bit chilly...  inside the ship it seems to be the same temperature no matter where you are, which runs a bit warm for me....  

I wore a mix of sleeveless dresses, long skirts with linen or silky dressy tank type tops & was comfortable the entire time 🙂.  Happy New Year & enjoy!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

the nights have been cold here...  but inside the ship you should be fine...  maybe a nice wrap if you want to go on deck...

Just did HAL Thanksgiving week out of San Diego... yes, once past Cabo it definitely warmed up but nights out on the balcony were still a bit chilly...  inside the ship it seems to be the same temperature no matter where you are, which runs a bit warm for me....  

I wore a mix of sleeveless dresses, long skirts with linen or silky dressy tank type tops & was comfortable the entire time 🙂.  Happy New Year & enjoy!

Thank you this was very helpful. 🙂 

• Like 1