Prepping for cruise- kinda freaked out!

16 hours ago, brillohead said:

A portable lock-box to put your valuables in when at the pool or beach. I have this one.  

I don't bother with it on the ship or at a port area I know and feel comfortable with (like Maya Chan), but for random beach days, it's comforting to know I can go off into the water and know that my phone/wallet will still be there when I return.

I love ours so much!  It fits my kindle, our passports, the DH’s wallet, etc 🙂

On 12/14/2021 at 8:18 AM, allie3490 said:

I wouldn't get too excited just yet. Anything can happen between now and Feb.

Yeah, after hearing about another outbreak on Odyssey, I’m about 50/50 on thinking our ship will sail.  Fortunately, DH is cool with going later, like his bday in April, if that is an option 🙂

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LGW59 said:

And a packing consultant 

Lol- the packing part isn’t what I’m mostly stressed about… it’s the other things I’m afraid I’ll forget- like scheduling the covid test, and my dr appt for the ear patch (why am I procrastinating on that?  Really need to get that scheduled…)

On 12/15/2021 at 11:47 AM, ReneeFLL said:

You have about 2 months to work on your list. Don’t you still have the lists from previous cruises? Isn’t you KN95 masks on the list already? Make a copy of the list for next time and you can make adjustments to it as necessary. Cross off everything as it’s done or packed. Since you’re paranoid why don’t you make necessary appts now or set reminders and don’t sweat the small stuff. It’s just a cruise. Go and have fun.

I have my list all set to go now.  And, now that I found a place where I can easily get in for a same day covid test, near our house, I’m feeling a lot better 🙂

On 12/21/2021 at 11:19 AM, SRF said:

…But I also travel a lot of business, so I am semi packed all the time. 

😄

Hubby is the same way. He has been flying for AA for 21 years so he is always semi-packed. I still don’t know how he does it, but the amount he can pack in a bag astounds me.

Can you take an overnight trip somewhere in between?  I had the same thing, was a frequent traveler and then after a year and a half, totally somehow overpacked AND missed a few big things my first overnight away.  Had to re learn.  And I am worried with all the extra covid stuff and port needs that I will miss something big.  Good luck!

19 minutes ago, emeraldead said:

…And I am worried with all the extra covid stuff and port needs that I will miss something big.  Good luck!

What am I missing here? Extra covid stuff? Do health questionnaire the day before cruise, vaccination card and covid test. Port needs? Maybe Royal excursion and mask depending on the rules for each port. I think some people are making it harder than what it really is. IMO

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1