Appropriate attire for boys in dining rooms?

pattie63

We are new to NCL having cruised only Princess and Cunard. We are sailing on the Dawn 10 day Eastern Carib. leaving NYC on 4/6. Our boys, ages 8 and 10, will be traveling with us as they always do. On our previous cruises, they wore nice collared polo shirts and either long twill pants or longer twill shorts for evening dining with either their nice sandals, VAN sneakers or regular sneakers (of course, on formal nights they wore suits!). Will this be okay for the boys when dining on NCL Dawn? They say that attire is casual but will twill shorts and nice sandals cut if for dinner on youngish boys??

Thanks for your valued input.

Hi - Thanks for the prompt replies. We are sailing April 6 - 16 and cannot wait to go. I have to check the boys summer clothes to make sure that they haven't outgrown every thing I have for them (I usually buy big!). Unfortunately, despite being 28 months apart, they are exactly the same size right down to their shoes. Fortunately, Hanna Andersson is having a great sale right now on Polos and fisherman sandals!!

Archived