Confused about crown and anchor status on Celebrity

I am traveling on Celebrity Mercury with my Mom this August to Alaska we just booked. Traveling from east coast and needing to go from Seattle, Vision is to large a ship for her to get around on... we tried Voyagaer a few years ago. I am a platuim member with 7 cruises but was told that my platuim status does not count until I take 1 Celebrity cruise? How does it work once I take 1 then it goes towards a cruise on RCI or after I take 1 Celebrity I can say I have been on 8 Celebrity. It does not seem really right that I am with same company but not getting credit I am confused. I am sure some of you have run into this situation and can help me out. Just want to get what I should be

I am traveling on Celebrity Mercury with my Mom this August to Alaska we just booked. Traveling from east coast and needing to go from Seattle, Vision is to large a ship for her to get around on... we tried Voyagaer a few years ago. I am a platuim member with 7 cruises but was told that my platuim status does not count until I take 1 Celebrity cruise? How does it work once I take 1 then it goes towards a cruise on RCI or after I take 1 Celebrity I can say I have been on 8 Celebrity. It does not seem really right that I am with same company but not getting credit I am confused. I am sure some of you have run into this situation and can help me out. Just want to get what I should be

I am not sure about the fact of having to take at least on cruise with Celebrity for your C&A status to count, but the way the status/credits work is you get the equivalent status of your C&A account when you sail with Celebrity and vice versa, however you only get credit towards the account with cruise line you are sailing on.

Ex.

RCI Credits = 7

Celebrity Credits = 0

Sailing on Celebrity inside stateroom for 7nts - 1 credit towards Celebrity

Total - RCI 7, Celebrity 1

buzzandjulie,

The reciprocity issue came up with us for our upcoming RCL cruise and we were already Select members of Captains Club planning our first RCL cruise on Mariner. I wrote the Crown & Anchor Society and received the following response: "Once you reserve your first cruise with Royal Caribbean, you can call us at 1-800-526-9723 and we will enroll you into the Crown and Anchor program, so on your first Royal Caribbean cruise you will receive Platinum benefits." And sure enough that is what happened and we are getting all the benefits on our first RCL cruise.

So I believe you should do the same and call Captains Club so they can do the same for you on your first Celebrity cruise. Good luck! and let us know how it goes. If I can be of more help, let me know.

Carolyn

We are RCCL diamond members and I was told by crown & anchor that I need to make my reservation with Celebrity and then call and register. We are sailing in May and I am going to make my reservation on board so we get our onboard credit. Then call and join the Captains Club. I assume we will then get there magazine and coupons as well.

Brian J

Yes, a friend of mine is a Diamond C&A and she will be sailing with us on the Infinity in June. Once she had her booking number she called Celebrity and they set her up. She later received a Captain's Club packet from X. She will be given the amenities for whatever that level is on X.

buzzandjulie,

The reciprocity issue came up with us for our upcoming RCL cruise and we were already Select members of Captains Club planning our first RCL cruise on Mariner. I wrote the Crown & Anchor Society and received the following response: "Once you reserve your first cruise with Royal Caribbean, you can call us at 1-800-526-9723 and we will enroll you into the Crown and Anchor program, so on your first Royal Caribbean cruise you will receive Platinum benefits." And sure enough that is what happened and we are getting all the benefits on our first RCL cruise.

So I believe you should do the same and call Captains Club so they can do the same for you on your first Celebrity cruise. Good luck! and let us know how it goes. If I can be of more help, let me know.

Carolyn

This is the same information I received from Celebrity. Just need your booking number when you call. Don't have to have completed a cruise on the sister line.

However, your cruise will be number 1 not 8. They don't add to the count, you just get the same recognition. Not really familiar with Celebrity but I assume if you took 10 Celebrity cruises before reaching 10 on Royal you would come back as Diamond on Royal instead of Platinum.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Archived