Cruise With Confidence - UK Deposit

clarky213

This one is for UK bookings were we would normally lose our deposit.

If I cancel my April 22 cruise before final payment, Will I get my deposit back as a FCC. I am booked through a travel agent, but just want to understand the CWC rules before I speak with the TA.

I did look at changing the whole Package to 2023, but they want another £1100 for my £5K package blaming Flights and Hotels. The equivalent cruise in 2023 is only £200 more.

On looking at the website it does say the deposit will turned in to FCC but you have to allocate it then to another booking sailing no later than 31st of Dec 2022. 

I'm not sure if you have had to pay an extra deposit amount towards the flights, if you have you may not get that back, it may be lost. Or was it proper package booked with Princess?

I say this because i had a 5K disney world stay & caribean cruise with Celebrity that should have sailed last Nov for my 50th. I then transferred it to Nov this year. But back in the summer we made the hard decision to cancel it completely. The cruise deposit got converted to a FCC which is now on a 4 night on the silhouette next year. But the £310 i paid the TA to include flights,  i could not get refunded i was so mad but could do nothing about it.      

Speak to your TA they and get them to check and confirm the situation and terms. Mine was very helpful but not so getting my extra £310 back.....