Allure of the Seas - 19-23 Sailing - Review/Feedback of Sailing with Young Child

c5marine

Hello All,

Just returned from 4 day trip on Allure of the Seas out of FLL going to Nassau, Coco Cay, and a day at sea.   Traveling were my wife and I (early 40’s) and our 1 year old.  First time on RCL - we normally sail on Windstar (but due to sons age had to try something else).  We also were fortunate enough to travel in a Crown Loft Suite. 

Caveat: We fully recognized and accepted what we were getting ourselves into before sailing (likely a full ship, with a child not Vaccinated, and the limitations that went along with that).  We wanted to try it out to see if cruising with a little one would be logistically easier.  

Short summary/recommendation:  If cruising with a little one that is not vaccinated - highly recommend not cruising if you think the logistics will be easier. 

While we enjoyed the room and our one day at Coco Cay - when you are trying to navigate a one year olds schedule (naps, feeding times, etc.) we were limited to the MDR at 815PM ( due to vaccination status), or reservations for Coastal Kitchen (with the ship being pretty full you needed to book a day out, or Windjammer. And in all honesty we found the food to be pretty sub-par. 

The shows were decent - but you are limited to times that you can attend with other non vaccines guests.  

Overall - unless you just had to cruise - if you are traveling with a non vaccinated child - I would recommend looking at other vacation options.  While we knew beforehand that we would experience some limited flexibility - it was more challenging then we thought. 

4 minutes ago, c5marine said:

Hello All,

Just returned from 4 day trip on Allure of the Seas out of FLL going to Nassau, Coco Cay, and a day at sea.   Traveling were my wife and I (early 40’s) and our 1 year old.  First time on RCL - we normally sail on Windstar (but due to sons age had to try something else).  We also were fortunate enough to travel in a Crown Loft Suite. 

Caveat: We fully recognized and accepted what we were getting ourselves into before sailing (likely a full ship, with a child not Vaccinated, and the limitations that went along with that).  We wanted to try it out to see if cruising with a little one would be logistically easier.  

Short summary/recommendation:  If cruising with a little one that is not vaccinated - highly recommend not cruising if you think the logistics will be easier. 

While we enjoyed the room and our one day at Coco Cay - when you are trying to navigate a one year olds schedule (naps, feeding times, etc.) we were limited to the MDR at 815PM ( due to vaccination status), or reservations for Coastal Kitchen (with the ship being pretty full you needed to book a day out, or Windjammer. And in all honesty we found the food to be pretty sub-par. 

The shows were decent - but you are limited to times that you can attend with other non vaccines guests.  

Overall - unless you just had to cruise - if you are traveling with a non vaccinated child - I would recommend looking at other vacation options.  While we knew beforehand that we would experience some limited flexibility - it was more challenging then we thought. 

Agree...if I had young kids not vaccinated I wouldn't be cruising with them right now. I also agree on the food....the food on Allure a few weeks ago is the worst we have experienced in 3 post pandemic sailings...it wasn't good.